Active Topics

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by boerner View Post
Here are some pics of my N800 and the Apple BT keyboard. Sorry they are not the greatest...
Could you provide us with the dimensions please? I am a little bit impatient ...

Last edited by gammer; 2007-10-04 at 15:31.

Originally Posted by gammer View Post
I've already touched (and measured) the cable version, and if both pictures at http://www.apple.com/keyboard/ are taken from the same perspective then the size of the bluetooth version is approx. 233mm x 108mm. In Germany, a localized version will be available in a few days already (for 79 Euros) and it works out of the box with the n800. I'll buy one as soon as possible.
Dimensions are 282mm by 130mm according to http://mactalk.com.au/forums/showthr...571#post369571. So they used different perspectives for the photographs, hm.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Just a post to say that I bought the Apple BT keyboard and paired it with my N800 on the second try. It took two tries only because I'm not as smart as the keyboard. If I'd simply turned it on and paired it with the passcode by typing it on the keyboard and hitting enter, I'd have saved myself a minute or two. All in all VERY slick and just the right size for typing in bed @ nite!

PS I tried out the ipodtouchy @ the apple store and, well, the interface is quite slick and the video resolution is very good, but still wasn't enough to entice me. I am, after all, one of the three people left in the us who does not own an iplod, but I bet one of the other two will succumb to this nifty toy.

I picked up my Apple BT keyboard today and it works just great.

Woot.

I got mine today - it is really fancy and works out of the box without any trouble! Dimensions 282mm by 130mm acknowledged, very thin, lightweight and easy to travel around. I am very pleased . In contrast to the iGo Ultra Slim Keyboard, the german layout works as it should do.

Will this work with the 770?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
I am so happy with my set up that I decided to post a pic!

http://picasaweb.google.com/phillip....90517857030242

It is easy to see why I have no interest in the slider keypad (or d-pad). The Apple BT is small but not too small, and because it is one piece and has a metal frame, it is solid and quite pleasant to type on. It's like typing on a laptop keyboard but, 1) it rests at the right angle, and 2) I can adjust the angle and position of my ny N800 for a perfect ergonomic 'fit'!

Now if I can just keep from exploding while I wait for the new OS 08

Last edited by Greyghost; 2007-10-19 at 16:54. Reason: Poor pic posting abilties

How does one get page-up and page-down to work on an N800 and apple wireless keyboard? The fn-arrow keys don't seem to work.

I have a 770 - should this work with that? I have the bluetooth plugin installed ok.

thanks, love this site!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Near Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by defor View Post
I currently use the last-gen apple BT with my n800 as well as with my PS2, and XBox360 using BT HID usb dongles.
Hi, what's a BT HID USB dongle..? I have a Wii and it now supports USB keyboards, but a cable is so 1995...