Active Topics

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The ability to stream live sport via subscription. No other mobile device can do this. Thanks to the n900 and mplayer.
As stated the web browser, as it eliminates the need for many mobile apps, but for me, surprisingly, has been the native media player, and the "ibiza sonica" link that is pre-configured. I've been able to stream (something I recently found out that the Droid I used to have, is not able to do..natively) and record countless hours of house/tech music via my phone.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Vgba!!!! :d

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by crantok View Post
I just posted asking a question about whether anyone has Zim Desktop Wiki running on Maemo. That would be my killer app and would convince me to buy an N900.
One of my killer apps is Easy Debian, which allows one to install just about any Linux application in a chroot environment, i.e. without messing around with Maemo and still being able to use all of the functionality of the N900. See e.g. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41605

I have just installed Zim under Easy Debian without any difficulty Thanks for drawing my attention to this app!

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Easy debian is powerrrrrful! i have jdownloader (java) downloading things all night Simple amazing. Im still trying to port that concept to dd-wrt, in my n900 is a reality.

but skype and the way that "conversations and contacts" merges several ways to get in touch with someone is simply revolutionary to me.

no other device give me that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clasificado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
As stated the web browser, as it eliminates the need for many mobile apps, but for me, surprisingly, has been the native media player, and the "ibiza sonica" link that is pre-configured. I've been able to stream (something I recently found out that the Droid I used to have, is not able to do..natively) and record countless hours of house/tech music via my phone.
There is an app/function to record internet radio streams on-device?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
There is an app/function to record internet radio streams on-device?
the app called recaller records every out- and input of the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
MfE, the best email client in the whole wide world!
Hahaha, you mean the WORST app, right?

X Terminal, without a doubt.

The Following User Says Thank You to rich c For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
One of my killer apps is Easy Debian, which allows one to install just about any Linux application in a chroot environment, i.e. without messing around with Maemo and still being able to use all of the functionality of the N900. See e.g. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41605

I have just installed Zim under Easy Debian without any difficulty Thanks for drawing my attention to this app!
Zim runs natively on the N900/N8x0.
http://zim.garage.maemo.org

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I think the screen is one of the 'killers' for me. The quality of viewing on a device so small is simply magnificent. That's about as sexy as it gets.
Agreed. I did a side-by-side comparison with the nexus and the screen on the N900 blows it away!

As for my favorite app... having remote desktop control is very useful