Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/n...ablet-unboxed/

Someone on engadget mention they were unboxing the same unit at Compusa for display, may have to take a drive over to my local Compusa to see if one is around.
vendors are supposed to be keeping shipping cartons closed for now >; /

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by N770-Freak View Post
Older pix from engadget showed the cardslot inside the device. And it seemed that nokia build in a "full" SD-Card slot!
Perhaps they deliver the N800 with miniSD + Adapter for compatibly with the handy stuff. Or did they really build in a miniSD slot?
I still hope at least one slot (there are 2 of them, right?) is full SD - it would make it easier for me to finally get the pics from my cam to the tablet. With the 770 as it is today, theres no way of doing so without using either a desktop or one of those adventurous gadgets that allow the 770 to run in usb host mode.

Getting the pics from cam to the maemo based device is the first step for a new set of applications to come: basic image manipulation, better viewers, image organising and, of course, upload to the web (flickr, blogs,...)

When this toy will be available ?

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Originally Posted by albson View Post
When this toy will be available ?
It's available now, if you're lucky. I am lucky on the availability side, but have to wait two more weeks before the financial part recovers from some emergency expense.

exciting stuff! so soon after Christmas....

still wondering about protection for the screen though - paart of the reason I love the 770 is being able to slip it pocket, bag, anything without worrying about it getting damaged. the reversible covercase is a highlight of the desing for me.

Good point about the screen cover. I don't see one in the pics.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Let's hope that it can be recharged via Mini-USB this time...more and more devices are starting to charge this way, and it sure makes it easier than carrying a bunch of different chargers - all I would need to carry is my retractable USB cable...

Has it been proven that it is indeed SD card, or is it the lower-cap MiniSD? If Nokia used full-size SD and made it with the new SDHC spec, we'll soon be using 8+GB cards...NICE!

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ

OK, this is getting silly.

So far, multiple regular people have apparently purchased the N800 from CompUSA. I called them, they know nothing...... So I just convinced the wife to go with me to a CompUSA store (one other than the one that knew nothing) to try our luck. I want it now-

...one person who has it says it chugs through youtube with video
and if so, you know what that means, folks:
integrated flash update and a new browser update, along with a likely boost in cpu power.

here is hoping, though....
Even if it only takes the 2gig card, I can do a heck of a lot with 4+gigs..

dcarter

found this on engadget
somebody bought friday already a N800

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/n...xed/3#comments

you also find a link to a pdf file of the manual

too big to post here directly