Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by racky View Post
Yes, I really didn't get it why people got upset at the beginning when Nokia said they would not port the Meego system on the N900. All we have to do is just sell our N900 and get a new Meego phone or whatever out there with better features and have the new system.

Don't you see the point? Not everyone likes to change their devices every few months. They want to buy the device that can be upgradeable and last much longer. And for now, from what I see, look like the only android phones that are upgradeable are those from Google.

It is more like a warning for those who are planning to buy an android phone soon, like me. You need to know, without a good OS, no matter how good the hardware is, it is just like a sh**. N900 is one of the example, maemo 5 is just not good enough to use the full power of it, be honest., and instead of fixing the bugs, Nokia just go ahead and develop another new OS. How about the owner of N900? "Well, sorry, too bad you bought our products." At least now they know it is wrong and they say they will port the Meego to N900, but will see, who knows.

This Nexus S may not have the best hardwares, like no MicroSD slot , no Qwerty keyboard, well, same as the Iphone too , but as least it have a good company on its back to make sure the OS is working well and upgradeable.
It seems that YOU'RE the one who missed the whole point - this phone is outdated at the second it hits the shelves.
When someone puts some serious amount of money to buy a new smartphone, he'll usually try to get the best smartphone he can so it'd last for a long time, technology-wise.
While this was not the case for the N900 (mostly because of its lack of multi-touch capabilities), this is certainly not the case in the new Nexus S either:
  • No microSD slot
  • Only a 5MP camera
  • Mediocre screen resolution for a screen of its size
  • Only 16GB of internal storage
  • Bluetooth v2.1
Now be honest - if this wasn't 'declared' as Google's new flagship device, would you consider buying it, or would you have rather buy a phone with much better specs (which already exists)?

How is a front camera a defining feature?

It's STANDARD! All 3G phones should have it for VIDEO CALLING!!!!1

Specs are crap - I'm waiting for the Nokia N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
I've made a comparison between Nexus S vs Nexus One vs Galaxy S
see here http://techtrick24.blogspot.com/2010...laxy-s-vs.html

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

The Following User Says Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
looks like a nice phone.

Could be a nice phone for Android development

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I think it looks like a wonderfully balanced device, and that it is Google's target development phone is a major benefit for those looking to live on Android's bleeding edge.

I'm very impressed with the pace of Android development and the features the OS carries with it. Were I to buy a smartphone, this would be it.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
This phone would've been a groundbreaking piece of technology... If we were at 2009...

Is THIS is Google's new flagship device?! What's so attractive in it - the NFC chip? NFC chips have been included in Nokia phones for years by now.
Yes, but never in mass production devices. Until the C7, that is. Anyway, what bothers me the most about this issue is that Nokia had a huge lead over its competitors, but they got aslept (remember the 6216?) and now all of the others have caught up. I guess many people will now think that this NFC thing was invented by Apple or Google.

Originally Posted by plaban View Post
I've made a comparison between Nexus S vs Nexus One vs Galaxy S
see here http://techtrick24.blogspot.com/2010...laxy-s-vs.html
Why does that website try to install a trojan?
Members beware, plaban you ****!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Why does that website try to install a trojan?
Members beware, plaban you ****!
Can you please explain the problem in details?I'll try to solve it.
See virus scan result--
http://www.virustotal.com/url-scan/r...d67-1291782315
URLvoid scan result--
http://vscan.urlvoid.com/analysis/e7...33ab/aW5kZXg=/

All are clean

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Last edited by plaban; 2010-12-08 at 05:34.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
Yes, but never in mass production devices. Until the C7, that is. Anyway, what bothers me the most about this issue is that Nokia had a huge lead over its competitors, but they got aslept (remember the 6216?) and now all of the others have caught up. I guess many people will now think that this NFC thing was invented by Apple or Google.
Well, to those who never used NFC it might seem true to think that Google/Apple "invented" NFC, but NFC is being used for quite some time now in some countries, such as India and Japan (and Brazil too, AFAIK).
In India AFAIK Nokia is the leading manufacturer of devices with NFC capabilities, with phones such as the 6131.

I've had a virus bring down my crippled (bloatware) CULV laptop.
So I've just restarted it before and loaded up the latest avast with Win Firewall.
I had this page open, then clicked on your link (through Firefox). As the page began loading, a few popup were immediately blocked and then avast came up with a popup notification saying a Trojan yada yadaya was blocked. When I tried to close that page it came up with the annoying popup "do you really want to navigate away from this page?".
Hit OK, avast did its search and came clean.
The chance that another program caused that avast notification to come up is very very dim as it is a clean restore (haven't installed all my programs).
Hope that helps. If you want to show your graph, save it as a jpg and post if on imageshack and then provide the link, much safer and hassle free.