Notices

Poll: How important is an ebay app for the N9?
Poll Options
How important is an ebay app for the N9?

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Shopper is great, but i would love a more slick, feature rich Ebay application. Please!

Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Shopper is great, but i would love a more slick, feature rich Ebay application. Please!
Thats what I am working on. implementing everything from searching to bidding to paying.

Everything you can do on ebay + paypal + sniping tools (this is the larger long term plan)

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy
Thats what I am working on. implementing everything from searching to bidding to paying.

Everything you can do on ebay + paypal + sniping tools (this is the larger long term plan)
Awesome. Category search and bidding are the two main things i need that Shopper is lacking.

Awesome. Category search and bidding are the two main things i need that Shopper is lacking.
do you mean

keyword search and then filter by category?

or

browse various categories?

currently you can filter down by categories with keyword but not browse yet

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
do you mean

keyword search and then filter by category?

or

browse various categories?

currently you can filter down by categories with keyword but not browse yet
Keyword then filter down is fine. When searching for music by the band Helmet, I want to be able to just look at music, not have to look at the hundreds of results for various kinds of helmets or other head gear.

Keyword then filter down is fine. When searching for music by the band Helmet, I want to be able to just look at music, not have to look at the hundreds of results for various kinds of helmets or other head gear.
This is currently completed and working correctly, a few teaks need to make like showing the number of matching categories like the ebay web page does.

Everything for Searching aka FindingAPI (C++/Web Service wise) is done, only the visual elements need to be completed, which actually takes longer than you realise, getting things just right takes the piss.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Well then, take your time. Why hurry if we also can live without apps. It's just nice to have 'em

Originally Posted by donomar View Post
Well then, take your time. Why hurry if we also can live without apps. It's just nice to have 'em
I was hoping the initial release would have bidding + searching, with messages, feedback etc coming later.

But I think just getting search working properly should be fine - I want to enter my app into the coding comp. I've had some issues with random segfaults which I've just fixed yesterday, so that took quite some time.

Plus I find the Android app really useful, it checks messages for me and reminds when I need to bid on things. So I thought I'd create one. I should also be able to port this to Blackberry as well as it's pretty much similar to the N9 with QML/Qt

I agree - at first, the search function should work. altough it would be nice to be able to at least "remember" the items in the own ebay account. but again, no need to hurry!

Originally Posted by donomar View Post
I agree - at first, the search function should work. altough it would be nice to be able to at least "remember" the items in the own ebay account. but again, no need to hurry!
I want to make sure I stored the token securely - which I why i'm holding back on my ebay functionality yet. But that WILL come - it's not much use without it.