Notices

Nice one noobmonkey, MeFarts, seems PR 1.2 is delaying quite a lot of apps

The Following User Says Thank You to doksng For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
iFart like app??

The Following User Says Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Just to get serious and technical will you be using the new QGraphartsview class.
LoL... Hilarious.
I saw what you did there.

QGra-FARTs-view.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by mikec
@noobmonkey

can we have a fart -ometer that actually measures the sound pressure of real farts , and shows the number of fingers , ie fart app in reverse.
Oooo - that could be interesting - will add to the possibles!

Originally Posted by s15mos
Ahahahaha thats gold... but serious finally a fart app... maybe u could make use of stereo output and have the fart swap channels for a 3d effect or go from a loud one from left to a squeak on the right channel lol
Yup - will add to the possibles! - very imaginative!

Originally Posted by festivalnut
a timer and/or remote trigger (bluetooth?) = worlds most expensive whoopee cushion!
Maybe one step further and allow other N900's to control yours once paired via BT?!

Originally Posted by mikec
Just to get serious and technical will you be using the new QGraphartsview class.
lol!!!

any suggestions on best thing/widget to hold the image and can be manipulated? - thinking of dragging and pivoting from a point....

Any suggestions on the sound? - was thinking gstreamer again - seems to work. Not so sure on how to control it as it is playing, ie, if you drag the finger, it gets louder, pull up or down for pitch?

Originally Posted by doksng
Nice one noobmonkey, MeFarts, seems PR 1.2 is delaying quite a lot of apps
hehe it's not really delaying it - got enough with healthcheck on the go - but its just another way for me to learn, and why not use the new stuff - could really start sooner and set up the SDK - but as above, healthcheck takes priority at the moment!

Originally Posted by plaban
iFart like app??
Wouldn't have a clue!!!
Never held an iphone so no idea what apps it has!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I knew it was coming and now I'm happy it will be. Beleive it or not it is the small apps like this that will drive more people into creating applications for the N900.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
There we go.

A mobile platform is not considered mainstream or successful until some kind of fart application is publically available.

It seems we are within spitting distance (my arse was this morning after last nights pakora) of achieving this.

What you can do for future release (or is that squeeze and release?) is allow users to send farts to each other then rate and classify (e.g. trumpet, watery,) them?

EDIT:
On a serious note maybe document what you did for beginners and newcomers to maemo & meego?

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
There we go.

A mobile platform is not considered mainstream or successful until some kind of fart application is publically available.

It seems we are within spitting distance (my arse was this morning after last nights pakora) of achieving this.

What you can do for future release (or is that squeeze and release?) is allow users to send farts to each other then rate and classify (e.g. trumpet, watery,) them?

EDIT:
On a serious note maybe document what you did for beginners and newcomers to maemo & meego?
That is a very very VERY good idea.... Finally found a use for my blog - wohoooooooo (Will of course copy in here and wiki)

I have one more request for everyone, i will borrow frals great naming conventions and expect you all to come up with good ones.

V0.1 - The First Squelch - will be literally released to devel in May!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Just install the C64 emulator and add this:
http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=23397

Oh how I miss the good old times. I even remember using this "app" back then.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
That is a very very VERY good idea.... Finally found a use for my blog - wohoooooooo (Will of course copy in here and wiki)

I have one more request for everyone, i will borrow frals great naming conventions and expect you all to come up with good ones.

V0.1 - The First Squelch - will be literally released to devel in May!
v 0.2 - the follow-through

v 1.2 - the wait for it, wait for it.... here it comes....

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Yeah it would be great to have a motion sension using the front cam or back cam. I've seen this done on symbian. So if your phone is on the table and someone walks by it farts he he he

My Blog

Tags
app, fart, n900, pyqt, stinks