Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Maybe someone should build one that uses a treadle

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
I have two backup solar batteries from Daylight Savings ($25 inc shipping) that pretty much work really well for me. One I keep in the car, and the other in my bag. Both can charge via solar and USB, and will render just enough of a charge to keeping me solid until I hit a wall wart.

hehe, sorry my bad
nah, i don't think it'll destroy the device, provided it provides a constant output through the microusb...

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by gregor7 View Post
ok so i fully charged the proporta 3400 (took 4 hours).

I then charged my nokia 6610 navigator (BL-5M 900mAh) from low battery indication to full in 1.5hours.

The proporta was left with 4 LEDs on.

Then I fully charged my n900 from the first low battery indication and this took 2 hours.
how come some people say that proporta external battery pack works for them with the n900 and some say it doesn't?

see:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...roporta&page=2
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=proporta

i want to get an external battery pack, but i want to make sure i get one that works before i place an order.

btw does anyone have any experience with ORA Lil Sync USB Mobile Power Pack?

The Following User Says Thank You to OranAgra For This Useful Post:
if you are considering ZAGGsparq today is the day to buy it -

Zagg.com offers 50% off all Products on their site today. Shipping is free if you spend $30 or more, otherwise it starts at $2.99 they also have invisibleSHIELD for the N900 TODAY ONLY

thanks to slickdeals.net for this one

Originally Posted by OranAgra View Post
how come some people say that proporta external battery pack works for them with the n900 and some say it doesn't?

see:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...roporta&page=2
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=proporta

i want to get an external battery pack, but i want to make sure i get one that works before i place an order.

btw does anyone have any experience with ORA Lil Sync USB Mobile Power Pack?
Worked first time for me.

just wanted to share some stuff. BMC digital is the link if you guys want to buy Nokia CP 321- pouch, i got from them fits good on phone.https://www.bmcdigital.co.uk/

since battery is problem, i got travel charger from Fry's store at $ 3.99( Biztech or mytech) and officedepot has CASELOGIC Ac-Dc wall adapter for car chargers for $ 9.99 and it works fine. i have tried it. i tried lot of ac-dc adapters and most out there are compitable with iphone and those does not work with N900. best thing is buy it try it in parking lot and if not worked return it.
bestbuy has combo called Rocketfish it works fine but is $29.99.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
zaggsparq is not working on n900...

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
I purchased a Energizer XP2000 and a Scosche sunVOLT solar battery/charger (this was on clearance).

The energizer only works if I plug the microusb into the n900 within 1-2 seconds of hitting the status/on button.

Plugging the n900's usb cable into the sunVOLT's female usb adapter produced no results, but using the cable and microusb tip from the XP2000 got this working as well.

As far as I can tell, power must be live on whatever you want to charge on before/during the initial insertion of the microusb plug into the n900. Hitting the juice after insertion does not appear to make the device charge.

I don't have a ZAGGsparq, but was considering one before hearing that it didn't work properly with the n900.

Has anyone managed to get the zagg working by shorting the usb cables as has worked with some other chargers? I have a feeling a similar circuitry in the XP2000 cable/tip is what enables my n900 to charge from the sunVOLT

The Following User Says Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
The energizer only works if I plug the microusb into the n900 within 1-2 seconds of hitting the status/on button.
Plugging the n900's usb cable into the sunVOLT's female usb adapter produced no results, but using the cable and microusb tip from the XP2000 got this working as well.
As far as I can tell, power must be live on whatever you want to charge on before/during the initial insertion of the microusb plug into the n900. Hitting the juice after insertion does not appear to make the device charge.
Hey, thanks a lot for that tip !

I have a Sanyo Eneloop USB booster that worked just fine with my tablets and phones, and I was very disappointed that I could not seem to use it with the N900 through the microUSB cable...

The only way I could make it charge was by chaining a Nokia USB-to-small-round-tip adapter (CA-44), the round-tip-to-USB adapter block that came with the N900, and the microUSB cable... unpractical, to say the least ! :-)

Even then, the Eneloop booster emitted a loud-pitched whine that it didn't usually have, as if something was wrong with the electronics, which made me uncomfortable.

I just hadn't thought of pressing the booster's charge button *before* plugging in the USB... now it works just fine, including with a 1$ third-party "ziplinq-like" adapter, with no whine, so all is well again !