Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
GET IT NOOOW!......with all this support from this forum, plus all the wonderful things coming up you won`t regret it!....

It`s being one month since i bought it and I`m not bored even for a single day....apps just keep coming and coming for this phone and it only gonna get better from now on (especially with the meego upgrade)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Anyone: I will consider buying any N900 for sale at a good enough price, which for me would have to be under $400.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Anyone: I will consider buying any N900 for sale at a good enough price, which for me would have to be under $400.
For that amount of money, you can get it from here.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by waleed786 View Post
i think many people are making things look bad because it wont support maemo 6/meego or whatever it is. I dont see how that makes the n900 any worse, you dont always have to have the latest software, maemo 5 is great as it is. Even if you cant get the maemo 6 on it, I wouldnt mind keeping the n900 for at least another year. And we barely even have any details on it so why do we like it so much? Windows vista came out after xp but its crap, xp is still on top. So we cant necessarily say that maemo 6 WILL be better.
Personally, I've only been a Nokia/Maemo user since I bought my N900 back in December, and I'm already fed up with Nokia's shenanigans:

1) Releasing a device with many small issues (power, Ovi suite, etc), keeping the community in the dark about updates (for example the surprise update that was made available last night out of no where)

2) Nokia being notoriously late on meeting any launch dates they DO reveal(N900 launch pushed 2 months, and still launched with above issues)

3) Essentially pushing the NEXT maemo/meego/whatever version two months after releasing Maemo5/N900, and providing no official word if Meego/Maemo6 will even work on N900.

There's nothing worse as a customer to have a device you've dropped some serious cash on deliberately outdated by the manufacturer two months after it was launched.
I guarantee every single IT manager would be upset if two months after Windows 7 launch, Microsoft started pushing Windows 8 with no official word on backwards compatibility. Or if two months after launching the latest Xeon processor, Intel started pushing the next generation with no official word on backwards compatibility.

To all the Nokia/Maemo trolls: This post is not for you. It is for those who are considering purchasing this device. Hopefully if others feel the same way I do, they will consider my experience when they make their final choice.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I just invented a new quip, which applies to this situation:

"If you can't deal with sh.t, don't join the circus!"

Originally Posted by sec9009 View Post
* i want a more internet usable device
* with a qwerty keyboard and
* since linux is not strange to me , i really got my eye on the n900...
Those are three good reasons to get the n900, and it would satisfy those three even with NO firmware updates from today.

Maybe you can get one used from one of the many folks who will/have posted that they hate theirs because, well, it's not at all what they thought it was.

Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
To all the Nokia/Maemo trolls: This post is not for you. It is for those who are considering purchasing this device. Hopefully if others feel the same way I do, they will consider my experience when they make their final choice.
This is why I asked WHY the OP was interested in the n900. As they posted (well before your post, which your post completely ignores) the n900 sounds like the only device on the market that fits their stated interest. Unless there is some other linux-based device with the same form factor as the n900 I'm not aware of.

So far my mind is towards getting the phone. Considering the Meegoo situation i think the OS will be ported to the N900 (if no at least the applications will) As some of you mentioned before... next year it will be the same talk for another device and etc etc. In worst case scenario (which i really think it wouldnt be) i'm getting this phone for about 70$ cause i'm continuing my contract with the mobile operator.

And i'm kinda a tech-fan and linux is a Go for me.

Last edited by sec9009; 2010-02-16 at 21:42.

Dont buy it now. Wait and see if MeeGo will be released for it....

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
This is why I asked WHY the OP was interested in the n900. As they posted (well before your post, which your post completely ignores) the n900 sounds like the only device on the market that fits their stated interest. Unless there is some other linux-based device with the same form factor as the n900 I'm not aware of.
Correct the N900 seems to be a "perfect fit" for his description, but his question seemed to be whether or not to wait. Hell, the N900 was a "perfect fit" for me too after reading the rave reviews from developers after getting theirs in November, but it turned out to be a half-finished product once I got one in my hands.

For the sake of preventing one less "omg i have to sell this thing" post on these forums, I offer my experience with this device.