Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ United States
Originally Posted by greyw0lf View Post
so where can i actually download msf?? seems like an interesting software to test out
www.metasploit.com

be careful

Originally Posted by Ph0b View Post
I've installed aircrack-ng from debian arm repos without any issues.
After that, airodump works but seems to see everything on channel 6.
aicrack-ng --test try to inject packets but it's not successful.
I seem to remember issues with earlier versions of Maemo causing problems with channel hopping due to the built-in wifi manager. Try disabling any automatic connectivity to wireless networks, and make sure you aren't currently connected to one when running airodump.

As far as packet injection goes, that's hardware dependent, and not likely to work on whatever Nokia is using. I haven't seen much prodding around with the wireless drivers for the N900, it may take some time before someone can answer that.

i downloaded the tar.bz2 file but when i try to open it i get an error in terminal using the tar command.

Originally Posted by greyw0lf View Post
i downloaded the tar.bz2 file but when i try to open it i get an error in terminal using the tar command.
you have to bunzip it first.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seoul, South Korea
I was going to say, i haven't played with this but it should support most of those tools without much tweaking (if any). Heck, I was running Metasploit, Nmap, etc. on the Iphone. This N900 is hella better support. You can also run those tools on the N900 much better with the screen quality, etc. It was horrible (if not impossible) to run it on the Iphone. I always had to SSH into the iphone to run them. It was terrible and took like 5 mins to start metasploit.

Go N900!

No real tweaking required, see here:

http://406notacceptable.com/guides/a...k-on-the-n900/

This is from the debian repositories

Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
..since it runs on ruby, with a few additions (mainly rubygems). There's already ruby and irb ports in the extras-devel repository, and I can confirm that MSF works quite well, so far
How did you get rubygems?

Originally Posted by techdork View Post
How did you get rubygems?
Downloaded from rubygems.org

It was fairly easy to get going, mostly by following the install guide for other linux distros. (FYI, you don't need to rebuild ruby or svn per those instructions, as those are already on extras-devel)

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
A debian chroot a-la easy-debian-chroot is a quick way to get access to some common linux security tools as well.

So far I have tested Driftnet, Wireshark, and nmap Though you will have to manually specify your interface as they tend to default to eth0

Speaking of nmap, I've just made the first Fremantle build available on extras-devel. Still testing but it looks pretty good, check it out if you want.

And, as always...

Please use caution installing anything from extras-devel. Anything there has not been fully tested and can eat your device.

DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
Speaking of nmap, I've just made the first Fremantle build available on extras-devel. Still testing but it looks pretty good, check it out if you want.
nmap is now in extras-testing. The above warning still applies, but it should not cause major issues. Script scanning works well, I've exhausted my N900 battery a few times scanning various equipment around the house trying to get it to error.

So far no luck