Active Topics

I like the current meego ui

i also happy if nokia customize the meego ui and make it look like maemo6 ui

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ in states for now
Originally Posted by q8phantom View Post
I think this one shows it better, I'm exciting to see MeeGo!

Live view of apps.

Also read this http://meego.com/developers/ui-desig...andset/theming

It's fully customizable so yes you can do anything with it! Let's wait and see!
I wish there would be an option to interact with the tasks while in multitask window that would be worth it

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kuwait
That would nice, ex using currency converter then getting back to the browser.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Thing is it looks like Andoid and thats BAD imho :-(

As someone here said I hope nokia will continue and improve maemo5 instead of try make a ripoff Android/IOS.
Clearly you've never used Android. The only thing close to that it has is that it brings up a list of icons of recently used apps when you hold down the home key.

It's closer to WebOS.

Regarding the talk of Nokia applying their own UI to Meego. Perhaps I'm missing the point, but surely Meego is all about the UI? The aim is to have a UI that crosses devices, meaning that you have applications that use the same UI whether on a phone, a netbook, in your car or in your toaster.
The actual Linux distro behind the UI is meant to be interchangable; debian-based, red-hat based or whatever. So if Nokia changed the UI then that would be entirely defeating the purpose of Meego.
We would end up with a similar situation to Android/Symbian, where there are incompatibilities between different phones running the same notional OS because of the wild differences in the UI.

Well look wise netbook, tablet and handset ux's look already very different.
As far as Nokia goes in phones i think Nokia surely wants different UI and will most probally use harmattan there.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by q8phantom View Post
Live view of apps.

I'm fine with this task view so long as the next time you start the task switcher you got your last setting.

If you prefer the table view and have selected the last time the table you should see the next time the table.
If you prefer the card view and have selected the last time the card view you should see the next time the card view.

If you have every time to go to the task switcher and make a pinch gestue to get your table view it will get annoying very fast.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by wheelybird View Post
Regarding the talk of Nokia applying their own UI to Meego. Perhaps I'm missing the point, but surely Meego is all about the UI? The aim is to have a UI that crosses devices, meaning that you have applications that use the same UI whether on a phone, a netbook, in your car or in your toaster.
MeeGo is all about the UI *framework*. You don't want the exact same UI on all those devices, and in theory Qt's standard widgets should automatically give you the ideal experience on each device.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
If you have every time to go to the task switcher and make a pinch gestue to get your table view it will get annoying very fast.
This can't be emphasized enough.

Last edited by jnwi; 2010-07-26 at 15:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post

heaven forbid we have change the view every time... nokia cant be THAT cruel...

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
heaven forbid we have change the view every time... nokia cant be THAT cruel...
Ouh, have you a source for this?