Active Topics

The best thing about this, is it raises the bar for everybody else.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I got this last night... didn't go to sleep until 7am because it seriously blew my mind.

Not because it's the best graphics I've ever seen nor do I find it totally incredible; mainly because the iPhone basically one-upped even my Sony PSP in terms of graphics. That's how far these little handheld wonders have gotten.

I'm impressed and ultimately know we'll probably never see anything of this quality or level on the Nokia offerings. People are too busy (can't blame them honestly, I just finished a ton of ScummVM games last month) enjoying stuff like FreeCiv and games from 15+ years ago.

It's not a bad thing, retro gaming that is. I'd love to see stuff like this.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I'm impressed and ultimately know we'll probably never see anything of this quality or level on the Nokia offerings. People are too busy (can't blame them honestly, I just finished a ton of ScummVM games last month) enjoying stuff like FreeCiv and games from 15+ years ago.

It's not a bad thing, retro gaming that is. I'd love to see stuff like this.
It pretty much depends on the adoption of Meego by other manufacturers. If Meego is adopted and QT compatibility works the way it should, then you'll see this stuff on Nokia devices. If Meego isn't adopted (the likely path considering Android continues to advance while Nokia is taking its time working on the ARM version of Meego) then nope.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
It's still possible, but Nokia needs to make some smarter moves in this new Arena.

I wish I could try it. I'll wait until my GF gets home, and then I'll log into her iTunes and 'sync' it.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It pretty much depends on the adoption of Meego by other manufacturers. If Meego is adopted and QT compatibility works the way it should, then you'll see this stuff on Nokia devices. If Meego isn't adopted (the likely path considering Android continues to advance while Nokia is taking its time working on the ARM version of Meego) then nope.
In the time Maemo has been around, nothing like Unity3D, Unreal Engine or even an official Quake engine or any other well-used 3D authoring platform/engine has come about.

You say you think so, I say "like hell". So let's bet a nickel.

In this case, if I'm wrong, I still win.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
In the time Maemo has been around, nothing like Unity3D, Unreal Engine or even an official Quake engine or any other well-used 3D authoring platform/engine has come about.

You say you think so, I say "like hell". So let's bet a nickel.

In this case, if I'm wrong, I still win.
And what's the userbase of Maemo? The next platform that'll get something like this will be Android since it has the next largest (if not larger userbase).

Not sure about who has bigger since everyone is kinda messing about with their numbers.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@cap'n: seriously? Any iOS above v1.x should have an app called 'App Store' in it. Although you'd probably need iOS 4.x to run the citadel demo. Just swipe to leftmost screen (spotlight) and seach for App...

If you can't find it, perhaps your girl is a hardcore gadget freak (albeit the iFreak kind) that messed up her iTouch and i think you should take the time to appreciate how lucky you are to have been able to find such soul mate.

@Laughing Man: yes, but bottom left/right are usually not reserved for the main attraction i'm not saying it's perfect without compromise, but the tradeoff is surprisingly less than i expected (from my initial "WTF THUMBS ON SCREEN?!" moment).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
This works on 3GS to0 and the gpu is a SGX 535 underclocked to 7m/poly
So Hardware wise it should run on the n900
Hardware wise yes, OS wise NO! Users base wise = HELL NO!
N900 didn't even reached the million mark to attract the developers.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
And what's the userbase of Maemo?
According to here, massive. According to Nokia... <silence>

I don't know. I say smaller than the WebOS crowd.

Not sure about who has bigger since everyone is kinda messing about with their numbers.
Only thing that's been "confirmed" is that Nokia sold more than 100k in the first 5 weeks. What that means in total? Who the **** really knows.

Basically, you should feel bad for not worshipping at the Altar of Jobs.