Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by earl00 View Post
server working great. we should schedule a n800 deathmatch.
The map rotation are abit too fast though. More often than not, the map changes while i was downloading the map half way.

Other than that, it would be good if the maps are smaller and more open. It's pretty hard to navigate the map and find opponents to kill with such huge maps and little player. In fact, i was running around the map for a pre tty long time thinking i was all alone until pipeline lobbed a few grenades at me.

Looks good... seems multi will be fun...

Ok yes you do have uninstall icon but i think your main icon should be in /usr/share/pixmaps.. when i put it there it shows up (after reboot)

Heh yep i saw torx and could tell he was enjoying relaxing slime bath so i didnt pineapple him i did notice at least with two people not shooting alot that the player movements were very smooth which is good.

I didnt notice map being too small.. maybe just learning or relearning them you can fly through real quick... but i'm sure some custom maps have been made which are more arena like... i wonder if autodownload works then you could just add a new map to server and client will download it.

Last edited by pipeline; 2007-10-15 at 11:39.

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Originally Posted by torx View Post
The map rotation are abit too fast though. More often than not, the map changes while i was downloading the map half way.

Other than that, it would be good if the maps are smaller and more open. It's pretty hard to navigate the map and find opponents to kill with such huge maps and little player. In fact, i was running around the map for a pre tty long time thinking i was all alone until pipeline lobbed a few grenades at me.
I changed the timelimit to 30 on the server (it was 10). I didn't try all of the maps, but I think the ones I did were pretty good sized, maybe not for just 2 players though, but I'm hoping there'd be atleast a few more than that. My connection should be able to handle 16 players, though I don't know how much the number of players would affect the game speed on the device.

You can see a list of all players with the menu key (or to whatever the help command is bound to).

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
Looks good... seems multi will be fun...

Ok yes you do have uninstall icon but i think your main icon should be in /usr/share/pixmaps.. when i put it there it shows up (after reboot)

Heh yep i saw torx and could tell he was enjoying relaxing slime bath so i didnt pineapple him i did notice at least with two people not shooting alot that the player movements were very smooth which is good.

I didnt notice map being too small.. maybe just learning or relearning them you can fly through real quick... but i'm sure some custom maps have been made which are more arena like... i wonder if autodownload works then you could just add a new map to server and client will download it.
Putting the icons in the /usr/share/icons/hicolor, I can have several icons for different sizes, but seems I have to run 'gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor' for them to register there. Next version will have them fixed, and they should appear if you run that command as root with the current version, though maybe not instantly, but at least after a reboot.

Quetoo should support autodownload and I think I have it enabled on the server, though I haven't actually tried it.

I have been following this topic with excitement as I really enjoy Quake II and cant wait to play it on the N800.
So with that in mind, I downloaded the latest version got out my Quake2 CD and put all the data on my SD card, installed Quetoo and launched it. The menu looks great, and I can run the game from xterm (with a really long string of command line options) but I can not get the browse button or the launch button to do anything in the menu. I must be doing something wrong, but in going over this thread and the web page for Quetoo for N800 I dont see anything.
Anyone have any suggestions why it wont launch or let me browse to the baseq2 folder? I can type in the path manually (which I do) but even then the launch button still doesnt do anything.

Thanks,
-John

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
THe path should look something like /blah/quake2/

not necessary to include baseq2.

Originally Posted by torx View Post
THe path should look something like /blah/quake2/

not necessary to include baseq2.
Yeah, I figured that out, thanks though. Still, shouldn't the browse button or the launch button do something?

-John

OK I figured that out, it was a python problem. (duh I guess..) I am not sure what but a removal and reinstall of python2.5 fixed it right up. Now it browses and launches.

Which brings me to my next set of questions.

Key Mapping. I have a BT keyboard that I use for important things like well, Doom, Frotz and now QuakeII, or at least I would if I could figure out how to make it work correctly. I made some changes to the autoexec.cfg like suggested in this thread, but I must not know what the keys are called or something because I can not seem to get the ctrl key to fire.

s_volume 0.1
unbindall
bind uparrow +forward
bind downarrow +back
bind leftarrow +left
bind rightarrow +right
bind enter +moveup
bind f4 help
bind leftctrl +attack
bind f7 weapnext
bind x +movedown
sv_enforcetime 0
m_filter 0
timedemo 0

I would rather turn when using the left and right arrows and then for straifing use 'a' and 'd' (no mouse look) plus I want the control key to be fire, and none of those changes work. (I have not added a and d yet since whats the point...)

The +right and +left are from http://console.planetquake.gamespy.c...ake_2.html#h-2
but dont work, in fact, it still straifs left and right when I use them.
I did try both ctrl and leftctrl to no avail. Does anyone know how to make this work?

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
I have the same problem as tobiasj, ie.cannot browse in Settings. Reinstalling python2.5 runtime did not help. Any suggestions?

I have different but similar issue... i can run the program and the buttons work. But if i shut down using the x in the top right corner... the shutdown event doesnt fire and i will be unable to load the launcher until i reboot... i guess because its still running.

I know this is happening because i (after noticing this problem) i ran the startup script quetoo-launcher from xterm and i inserted a print command as debug text... i can see it firing fine when i shut down using the close button but if i shutdown with x icon then xterm doesnt show command prompt and i have to ctrl-c to quit... after which i can run again. Since you cant ctrl c if launching with icon i would probably have to reboot or find task to kill.

Suggestion for others having problems : run quetoo-launcher from xterm and see if there are any messages/errors dumped to console to help zerion track it down.

I also get a warning about libglade not understanding do_overwrite_confirmation for class 'GtkFileChooserDialog' but this warning is probably harmless because i fixed it and still have shutdown problem.

Last edited by pipeline; 2007-10-15 at 23:53.

Deatmatches should be scheduled so more player could gather together. And timezones should be considered too (GMT +2 for me)