Active Topics

Originally Posted by drdeguzman View Post
BTW, Hotmail set-up easily with the process you suggested.
your hotmail was setup in nokia messaging or directly under hotmail?

Yes, I did use my Yahoo email address when I registered for Nokia Messaging service.

Originally Posted by drdeguzman View Post
Yes, I did use my Yahoo email address when I registered for Nokia Messaging service.
i know it might not work either but did you try restarting your phone. just give it a try...

Thanks, DaveR53 and NOKIAFAN. Your combined suggestions worked wonders and I can now access my Yahoo! emails from my N900.

yahoo mail is not accessible only yahoo mail plus is. so if you setup yahoo mail, settings used are for pop3 and wont work for yahoo mail users.

setup nokia messaging at email.nokia.com, login and add emails accounts you want access e.g gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc. once you have added accounts on nokia messaging website. Setup nokia messaging account on n900. n900 will automatically setup all the accounts you setup earlier on email.nokia.com

done!

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
The easiest option (which I'm using atm) is to sign up for Nokia Messaging - http://email.nokia.com
Then add Yahoo email.

On N900, add Nokia Messaging.
Nokia Messaging will do all the settings stuff. Apparently there's a unique IMAP server address for Nokia that Yahoo provided.
All you have to do is type in your Yahoo email + password like I did.
Hello,I got nokia n900 and I did do the same as you said about Nokia Messaging. I got the link and it asked me to download a symbian 60 5.0 .... but i dwnld that but could not run....

Please help me.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by DaveR53 View Post
I was having this problem, there is a setting on the Yahoo! WebMail page for allowing pop3 access, you don't need Yahoo Plus to do this.

Goto Options -> Mail Options -> POP & Forwarding (which will take you to Yahoo Mail Classic) -> Click on the Web & POP Access Radio button -> then click save.
Nope, doesn´t work for me. It doesn´t offer that option. Just the option to upgrade to plus.

Hi

Here is how you set up your yahoo acount on your N900 without have to use the Nokia Messaging.

Steps:

1) Used "Others" as service provider when setup the account

2) on the incoming server used "imap.mail.yahoo.com"

3) outgoing is smtp.mail.yahoo.com

user_name < --- without the @yahoo.com
your_passwd

The rest u can uncheck.

work great for me!!!

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dalton, GA.-30720. USA
Thanks Radiowc. This worked but for some reason it took long to update my emails but when i did it for my hotmail address it worked quickly. Thanks anyway for the big help.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by radiowc View Post
Hi

Here is how you set up your yahoo acount on your N900 without have to use the Nokia Messaging.

Steps:

1) Used "Others" as service provider when setup the account

2) on the incoming server used "imap.mail.yahoo.com"

3) outgoing is smtp.mail.yahoo.com

user_name < --- without the @yahoo.com
your_passwd

The rest u can uncheck.

work great for me!!!
It works for me too but I observe the unstable behavior over WiFi. Via 3G I have a stable connection and mail retrieval but via WiFi sometime it works but most of cases it rejects with invalid login. I researched it a little and I think it is some race condition and invalid setup in Yahoo.

And I noted that PR1.1 update removed IMAP access to Yahoo! Mail but leaved Y!+
I filled a bug and got response - "won't fix because Y! has unstable results".