Active Topics

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Let's also hope that we can get hw key and touchscreen support for the N800.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Solca is working with newer android kernel that has wifi support.
What does that mean?

And I guess if I want to run the newer kernel under Maemo, I'd need to get all of the .ko kernel modules updated, too.

I wish someone would focus on getting the new kernel working with Maemo. I would like that very much. Especially since the Fremantle SDK is coming very soon.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Well, according to the people over at nthcode, thay have managed to get the kernel to "play nice" with maemo. Allthough how well exactly is still a mistery. :P
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Particularly interesting: they're using Linux 2.6.25 instead of 2.6.21, and they had it booting Maemo (with no wifi). That with the open-source wifi driver Nokia dropped at the Maemo summit should then work, which would be good for working on said driver, and/or packet injection for aircrack-ng.
I watched the first 46 of 51 seconds, and sneezed for the interesting 5 seconds. What was the cool part? The "Nth" logo?

Originally Posted by fattomm View Post
I watched the first 46 of 51 seconds, and sneezed for the interesting 5 seconds. What was the cool part? The "Nth" logo?
The link to their site, where they had a full write-up and downloadable binaries, maybe?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by fattomm View Post
...and sneezed for the interesting 5 seconds...
That's a heckuva looooooooong sneeze!

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
I wonder how the hell they got that double frame buffer to work...
In their site, they simply say that they "added double framebuffer to kernel".

It looks like the news finally made it to Engadget « Check it out!

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
The duration of my sneezes not withstanding: :-)

(from engadget)
as the device is currently not able to do some little tasks like run applications, charge the battery, or access the internet
I'll type s...l...o...w...l...y... for Benson: "What was the interesting part?". So we've essentially got the "pinball wizard" implementation -- deaf, dumb and blind. Perhaps Nth should've waited until they had something interesting to show, instead of just a png on the screen .... (and, yes, "xterm" would've qualified).

Hi, all,

I know the 45 second boot time and the fact that WiFi don't work are a bit of a disappointment for some. What can I say, except, 'It's a start?'

Yongjun did spend about three days last week trying to make WiFi work -- when I asked about it, he said there were some closed-source userspace pieces involved. If someone could post the link to the open-source WiFi code that is mentioned here, we will definitely take a look. Because, yeah, I really want WiFi in my N810, too!

I think it would be great if the system would work with the N800. We don't have one, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem might be. I'll ask Yongjun on Monday if he knows. If anyone here has ideas, please speak up!

We managed to get the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) running last week. This allows you to single-step through code running in the N810 from Eclipse on your desktop which is very cool. It also allows you to effectively telnet/ssh into the N810 to poke around which is wonderful. We'll update the images on sourceforge next week so you all can try it.

Best,
Peter

Peter (at) NthCode (dot) com

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peter McDermott For This Useful Post:

Tags
android