Active Topics

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
GMail in iPhone mode: <http://mail.google.com/mail/x/gdlakb-/gp/> in portrait.

From: http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...ail-modes.html

i guess I like more nokia messaging then gmail . .I'm still trying both but nokia messanging is more fast and smooth!
by the way the email widget works very well with both for me!

Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
i guess I like more nokia messaging then gmail . .I'm still trying both but nokia messanging is more fast and smooth!
by the way the email widget works very well with both for me!
nokia messaging works with email widget for you? is it because you only have one account setup with it? have you tried if it also works with multiple accounts for you?

thankx

Nokia Messansoing here because: is faster, is simpler, it doesn't load all gmail, it has nice options and the better is that it has the option to push mails as son as possible, and that is what all the bussiness mens are locking in a cellphone like this so you don't have to wait every 15mins to see if you have mail, it came automatic to you device, and in my case sometimes the mails notifications came up on my N900 than my laptop or PC.

yep - nokia messaging is my default owing to

1) push email & general sped/ease of use
2) ability to schedule time periods during which I *WON'T* be disturbed by incoming email alerts. This is key, it means you always get instant push email alerted to you as soon as it arrives at n900 during 'waking hours', but you don't get disturbed by low priority stuff when you are asleep. I know you can mess around with profile tweakers but for me the inbuilt NM facility is just the job.

I use the HTML version of gmail in microb whenever I need to do a search through less recent stuff, or through the Gb's of old cr@p that I hoarde in my google account.

Some will no doubt see use of two interfaces for one task to be inefficient or indicative of a weakness in n900's feature set ... I actually see it as a strength; I don't want or need a top heavy and cumbersome "all singing, all dancing" mail interface open under normal usage, I just want fast reliable indication of new mails and the ability to reply to them PDQ - which nokia messaging delivers.

For anything else, firing up the browser as needed is a small overhead to the task, and avoids leaving a browser window prmanently open on gmail 24x7 (I haven't tested but I suspect that probably chews more power on battery than the NM push stuff?).

My emails contents in Gmail shows in 1 single line!!!!!!
Every time i am checking my mail, i have to scroll it to far right to complete reading the email.

How can it be in lines?? (2 or 3 or....)

Regards

I would love to have the gmail symbian app especially if it could be updated to handle multiple accounts