Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Erfurt, Germany
I just downgraded libglade2-0 to the version which comes preinstalled on OS2008 and did a rebuild of Gnumeric, the fixed package was uploaded to my repository allready.

I took some time to create a .install-file, to make the installation process a little bit easier, you can find it here:

http://mobilevdr.garage.maemo.org/gnumeric.install

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by Chelli View Post
I took some time to create a .install-file, to make the installation process a little bit easier, you can find it here:

http://mobilevdr.garage.maemo.org/gnumeric.install
Chelli, thanks very much for doing this! It worked perfectly, first time.

I haven't had time to play with it much yet, but I'll give you some feedback when I do.

I am trying the latest version 1.6.3 under 2008 beta and it is not correctly opening Excel 97-2003 xls files. These are files I have used in Excel and the previous version of Gnumeric under os2007. The sheets open but some of the numbers are not being read correctly. I get odd numbers like large negatives or scientific notation where there should be "normal" numbers

After trying several different spread sheets I have, it appears that dates are causing odd results when opening the spread sheet. Ones that have no dates in them open fine. Ones with dates throw other numbers off as well as the dates not displaying correctly.

Hmm, thats weird - i do not really have an idea what could cause this, i guess i will have to dig into the code a little bit.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Thanks for doing this and I am sorry to give you some issues. I, too, have tried to open an Excel 97-2003 compatiible file and the many of the cells containing numbers are odd.

Just as a guide, the list may not be complete:
Cells formatted as Date: OK
Cells formatted as Text and containing Text: OK
Cells formatted as Text and containing Numbers: Scientific Notation
Cells Formatted as Currency: All shown as Zeros
Cells Formatted as Numbers: All shown as Zeros
Cells Formatted as General and containing Numbers: Scientific notation.

Also the Full Screen and Increase/Decrease magnification buttons don't work.
Full screen can be selected by the Magnifying Glass symbol.

i hope this helps and let me know if I can test any other observations for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rebski For This Useful Post:
Hmm, sounds allmoast like a locale-related problem.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa

Follow thread #22, install without problem. Loading excel files without any problem, maybe my spreadsheet is too simple? 3000 x k cells. No calculation, no formula, no date, simple inventory. I always saved on excel format and load in via excel format to be used on gnumeric. Hardware button fullscreen and zoom (+ sq -) button does not work; software zoom in or out, full screen does work. Thank you Chelli, good job.

Moor than happy to check things if you teach me where to look. To begin with, if using xterm to check thing, please show me how to save/port the text output into a file. Thanks again,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2007-12-04 at 04:41.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
I have had some time to test a bit and found what others are reporting in this thread. That is, I am unable to open the excel files on my mmc. These are files that I was able to open and manipulate on my N800 running os07. The hardware problems are the same as well, but you knew that

Again, thanks for your efforts!

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
I have had some time to test a bit and found what others are reporting in this thread. That is, I am unable to open the excel files on my mmc. These are files that I was able to open and manipulate on my N800 running os07. The hardware problems are the same as well, but you knew that

Again, thanks for your efforts!
Ummmm.........it happened to me on my 770/2007He. I hope you are not having the same thing. Try to use file manager and view your MMC, and try to write a file. If it is Read Only and cannot write file, your MMC is hosted. I reformat my MMC and everything has been fine, so far.

bun