Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
I won't need that after the bluetooth really works with Skype....whenever that day arrives.
It doesn't work in 2008?
rtcomms work well with a bt headset...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
The microphone is in the pendant shown in one of my photos. The microphone is soldered directly to the printed circuit board's component side. To do what I think you are describing would involve unsoldering the microphone on that pcb (in the Nokia pendant). You should not have two microphones in parallel. Also.... I do not know the specifications of the Nokia microphone.....things like impedance, sensitivity, etc. so it is not a slam dunk that your boom microphones electrical characteristics would match. It might, and it might not.

Good luck, let us know how you made out if you try wiring in your boom mic. If you have any other questions, I'll do what I can to answer them.
Ha! Are you kidding?! There's NO WAY I'm going to mess with it after that post!

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i took the nokia plug and wire cut off the pendant and headset and wired it to a psp headset. i wired it so that both audio channels go to the earphone that has the mic. works perfectly and the soundquality is great.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
i took the nokia plug and wire cut off the pendant and headset and wired it to a psp headset. i wired it so that both audio channels go to the earphone that has the mic. works perfectly and the soundquality is great.
Can you clarify your post for me? You wired both audio channels to one earpiece ? Left and right channels tight together... as in "shorted"?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
All right, it Works on OS2008, Ive paired mine and works fine...

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
I've posted a pic in the Accesories forum... BT Headsets work on OS2008

yes bluetooth headsets now work with N800 in OS2008.

"work" is pretty subjective. Yes, my bt headset "works" but the quality is simply horrible with Skype. There's a long way to go if you ask me!

Originally Posted by jmancine View Post
"work" is pretty subjective. Yes, my bt headset "works" but the quality is simply horrible with Skype. There's a long way to go if you ask me!
You must have something else wrong...... I call everyone with Skype using the Motorola HS850, and they say the sound quality is as good as expected. I have hours using this headset on Skype with the new OS2008 on a N800 without any issues.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
^^ ahh, you're using a standard mono BT device. I'd expect *that* to work. This thread is trying to get the functionality of the included earbuds in something more comfortable and neater. I wouldn't want to listen to music with one of those BT ear things, 'cides they look just a little strange. But for VoIPy apps they might be just fine. We want VoIP with buttons that work and stereo for all multimedia.

My only sore spot with the N800 is the not ready for prime time BT headset use. The A2DP in OS2008 is not yet even close to ready IMHO.

A few of the multimedia apps ignore the buttons but that is software. Such is the life with OS systems but preferred over closed systems.

(just now I received a VoIP call. My S9 BT headset is boxed away to be returned. I'm back to the buds but I simply clicked the button which disabled the internet radio (nice if it paused) and I had a nearly perfect voice call.) Then I go back to stereo.

Are there any wired headsets (4 conn) that function at least as good as the included buds? Otherwise I'm going to do this splice hack. That's a decent compromise for now.

Last edited by IcelandDreams; 2008-03-29 at 16:12.