Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Well I will try to fix those bugs first, then I will check out the 0.3.1 and see if it is crashing too ( that will mean that there's an issue with hildon and the way I'm using it )

Unfortuntately I can work on it during my work hours, so I can't be that fast.
I don't know if today (Dec. 13th) I can work on it, but almost for sure tomorrow I will (as I will not be at work for other reasons ).

Thanks to everyone for reporting the issues (glad to see you like my port anyway :P) and thanks to De Bernardis (debernardis) for the hint he gave me (I don't even remember where, somewhere in a thread here in the forums) that fired up something in me and brought you this port.

EDIT: oh, btw, you won't see the Xournal dependencies in the App Manager as they are NOT marked as "user/<something>", but as "libs" and thus App Manager won't show them up to you.
You will only see Ghostscript (as this is a set of programs and libraries).
So if Xournal is showing up when started then you have ALL the needed libraries. If it is not, then something went wrong and I frankly don't know what... Xournal should NOT install unless all the dependencies are met (i.e. all the other packages are correctly installed first).
I could only think of an App Manager bug, but, before filing a bug there, let's check out our issues first.

Thanks again guys!

Last edited by anidel; 2007-12-13 at 07:45.

Ok guys

I'm happy to tell you that Zoom In/Out and FullScreen buttons are now supported on Xournal 0.4.1.

A new release is available, just update it from the Application Manager.

I've followed the documentation from the Maemo Documentation website, so it should also work on the N810.

Just let me know guys. And thanks, again, for beta-testing it.

I've noticed that the desktop version of Xournal shows up a few more icons. Looking into that too..tomorrow!!! (shut, I should work now )

Forget what I said about working
My boss is out and I do not have deadlines so... here it is a new release of my port!

Release #4 adds a few more buttons to the toolbar (Go to first page, go to last page and zoom buttons) and binds the Escape button to the Undo action.
I've also fixed a few small bugs in the code as well (just 2, but now I don't get any GTK Critical log on the console anymore).

Unfortunately the program still crashes after a minute or so (but doesn't if you don't use it.. gotta check this out now..or tomorrow.. yeah...)

Go update it.
See you.

Hey,

great update, I like the added funcions! Zoomkeys and fullscreen work well, as you say. A little thing I noticed: The colourpicker button on the bottom menu doesn't seem to do anything. Instead, you can pick the colour from the arrow next to it. Again, great port, as soon as you figure out how to make it stop crashing it will be a great tool

About the colour button. I've looked into that.
If I remove it from the code, it removes the arrow as well.
I think the colour button and the arrow are ONE thing but when you click on the button it doesn't do anything.

I have to look at a better way to let people choose colors.
The desktop version of Xournal has all the colors in another bar, but they have plenty of space there.
We'll see.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Fabulous program!! I can't wait to see it fully working The pdf annotation/highlighting is incredible. However,as you're already aware it crashes after a few minutes of use regardless of what you're doing.

hello.
this app is amazing, it is just what i need to highlight my pubmed articles. I cant wait the crash-free version

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Manchester
i have tried running xounal from an xterm on my n800, to see if there was any clue when it crashed.

so far it has not crashed on the xterm. i have left it over night, and filled a few pages with doodles and it has stayed running.

can anyone get it to crash in an xterm? maybe there is a clue.

It "crashed" on me plenty of times from xterm. But there was no error displayed.
Nothing.
That's why I think it does not crash.. it just exits.
Anyway it doesn't always close. Several times it was working perfectly fine.

Did you guys tried the PDF annotation/save/load features ? do they all work ?

Also, if you notice menus that are intended for the desktop, please point it out to me, I'll remove it.
Thanks

hi! I tried pdf functions for half hour. Sadly in addition to these exit crashes, it jammed once and crashed the whole os once.
about 33 percent of pdfs opened succesfully, rest had some minor problems. 3 times there whre some pages missing.

back and forward buttons did not work very well. they did symply not do their jobs when pressed.

Biggest problem occured in the end. the anonnation just stopped working. there comes this red message saying unable to anonnate pdf. i tryed ro boot os two times but the problem is still there.