application manager sucks, takes a long time to update the application list and a longer time to install apps of just about 12KB. If i refresh the list it gets stuck at the end and sits there for a long time.

Originally Posted by loaderr View Post
application manager sucks, takes a long time to update the application list and a longer time to install apps of just about 12KB. If i refresh the list it gets stuck at the end and sits there for a long time.
sound more like a bandwidth problem of the repository server you are connecting to. That has nothing to do with the application manager itself.

There are too many people updating at the moment... be patient

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by loaderr View Post
I would imagine their servers being HAMMERED this morning has a pretty big effect on App Manager with the official repositories.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
finger tap works for me...takes a couple taps but it does work

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by cybergypsy View Post
......and *still* no Google IMAPS support.
It's called Modest, and it's on it's way. . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
It occurred to me that perhaps this new method of getting the fingerboard is a feature. Whereas in OS2007, it was nearly a guess as to which keyboard you would get when you touched a text box. Now, for me at least, it's consistently touch for a stylus board and d-pad for the fingerboard.

Obviously this helps new users to know how to get the desired result, but it seems logically, it should be the opposite. I should touch to get touch, and use hardware to use more hardware.
In OS2007 you could just disable the feature under Text Input in control Panel if you didn't like it. And, by the way, it worked very well detecting my finger in the previous OS version.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I would imagine their servers being HAMMERED this morning has a pretty big effect on App Manager with the official repositories.
Well, first you have to consider everyone hammering for the update. Then you have to consider everyone that updated hammering for the repositories and package downloads... so yeah.

There's still some problems with memorycard... I can't make virtual memory....

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Jussi_K View Post
There's still some problems with memorycard... I can't make virtual memory....
Sounds like the file system on the memory card has errors... I recommend running checkdisk (if connected to a Windows PC via USB cable), or dosfsck (as root) on it to see if that solves the problem.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Have anyone found a "technique" to drag/move desktop applets no opening them over and over?..