I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard that I have been using with my N800 . I flashed the N800 with the 2008OS and now when I can't pair the keyboard. The N800 sees the keyboard and gives me a passcode, but when I enter the passcode into the KB the N800 switches to a passcode screen with the passcode box empty. I try to enter a passcode into this box and it switches back to the box with the passcode in it. Done this about 20 times now. Am I the only one having this trouble?

Bill

Edit: I did a reflash and did NOT do a restore and the KB Paired first try. Powered down both units and powered back on and KB still paired.

Last edited by jcherepy; 2007-12-23 at 15:55.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ La Pêche, Québec, Canada
Nope. This is the same problem that I see with my BT keyboard.

Robert B.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Halifax, NS
From a noob, You can vote on a bug?? I am having exact same problem. (Apple KB)

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by dgenge View Post
From a noob, You can vote on a bug?? I am having exact same problem. (Apple KB)
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2640

Yep, here :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chapel Hill, NC
n800, brand new, can't pair to the iGo in either OS2007 or OS2008. Gives me the passcode but never offers to have me type it in. Then pairing fails.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chapel Hill, NC
Oops, wrong key swept up my previous post. Followup: what an unspeakably nifty device the n800 is!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I haven't tried keyboard pairing yet with OS2008 so no current experience of my own (I do have a Nokia keyboard to test, maybe later). I just want to say I'm impressed with the professionalism in this thread. No ranting, no bashing, no attacks on other members-- just a progressive exploration of a bug complete with bug filing, voting and community assistance. Nicely done, guys.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
I did also order Apple BT keyboard. It looks nice and is small. Hope it works witn N800 and PS3.

If problem is restoring old settings after OS update, hope it helps that my settings didnt have BT keyboard at OS2007.

Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
n800, brand new, can't pair to the iGo in either OS2007 or OS2008. Gives me the passcode but never offers to have me type it in. Then pairing fails.
IGO keyboard

Morgan,
Once you get the passcode click on ok. You should get a "searching" dialog go ahead and enter the code on the keyboard (remember you have to press on the blue function key to get the numbers) then make sure to hit the enter key on the keyboard (I was still holding the function key) . That should pair the IGO keyboard and the N800 with os 2008. Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rickfar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Germany
Have someone got an freedom mini to work with os2008?

I tried it with this information, but when i try to scan for devices with hcitool scan, i got the message hcitool not found.
Did i forgot to install something?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...t=freedom+mini

Sorry, if this isn't the right tread to ask.