Originally Posted by drizek View Post
Is it possible to run granparadiso under KDE?
Took forever to load (could be because of my lack of swap)... enough time to have written here that it doesn't work! But, while I was typing the section below, it started! Icons are missing and, with an external keyboard, still needs to click on the green arrow to enter the address. Woo hoo! Flash in KDE! Youtube works well! Cool!

While we're talking about menus, the menus only work somewhat better, but a majority of the time I can click on the K and get the menu, but if I click on the submenu it disappears. I believe this starts happening if I try something from the Hildon menu, but I could be wrong.

just installed kdev2 on a dual boot (booting from external
card on n810).

No sound in KDE - get an sound can't initialize error or
sometimes Knotify crashes (taking kde with it)

no quicklaunch panel appliet

no panel hide buttons (looks like panel or kicker never
finishes)

no right click, move etc buttons working

opening panel configure menu crashed KDE

must be a corrupt install - what's the best / fastest
way to reinstall?

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Originally Posted by mplawner View Post
Nope. I didn't have swap enabled. I missed the recommendation to do that (guess I should have searched... where are the Forum Police?!). I'll search before I dare ask how much swap would be recommended... and if it is recommended on mmc1 or mmc2.
I'm running 128 here. Maemo doesn't give you a choice as to where the swap goes.
I wonder what it does if mmc2 is full?

---------------------------------------------

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by mplawner View Post
While we're talking about menus, the menus only work somewhat better, but a majority of the time I can click on the K and get the menu, but if I click on the submenu it disappears. I believe this starts happening if I try something from the Hildon menu, but I could be wrong.

Yes K menu is a tricky pain, but it works best with DPAD. On v2 you can (Ctrl) (enter) and bring up the menu then manuver it with dpad. It does work with the stylus but not very well...

I can report skype is working under KDE
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
It seems I discovered a BIG problem with the NEW KDE version.

The libcrypt in /usr/lib is being used and Kmail will not send email.

I may need to put back the /et/profile which will break microb fonts again.

I assume nobody can send mail?

I put a hold on the files, sorry for the inconvenience
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-01-24 at 20:42.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
It seems I discovered a BIG problem with the NEW KDE version.

The libcrypt in /usr/lib is being used and Kmail will not send email.

I may need to put back the /et/profile which will break microb fonts again.

I assume nobody can send mail?

I put a hold on the files, sorry for the inconvenience
FWIW, I haven't had a chance to upgrade to KDEv2 yet - I was actually coming here to apologize for the lack of response on my part. Anyways, I can't send mail using KMail in the original version either so I don't think you broke it removing the etc/profile - it was already broken.

I'll have more time to upgrade this weekend - should I go ahead with the latest tarballs? Or do you think you'll be trying any more changes?

Thanks

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
FWIW, I haven't had a chance to upgrade to KDEv2 yet - I was actually coming here to apologize for the lack of response on my part. Anyways, I can't send mail using KMail in the original version either so I don't think you broke it removing the etc/profile - it was already broken.

I'll have more time to upgrade this weekend - should I go ahead with the latest tarballs? Or do you think you'll be trying any more changes?

Thanks

I reloaded both old and new last night, and I also can confirm, I can not send email in either version, but I swear it used to work.

I think the tarballs are good (they are available again), I thought I had broken something that apparently never worked, you think with 100's of downloads someone would have mentioned they could not send email. I guess KDE is just so big its hard to test everything.

I will probably try to fix the mail issue, but it wont be for a while. I spent a few hours last night, but I have no clear direction as to the problem

PCQ, how much free space do you have? Are you installed in internal memory or sd card?

If you have enough space, then
I boot to flash, mount my ext2 partition on SD card. cd mount point, mkdir HOLD, mv * HOLD

Now you can untar everything again and test it, if you have any issues, you can just boot to flash and, cd mount point, mkdir TEST, mv * TEST, mv TEST/HOLD/* .

Then you can boot right back where you started from. This also allows you to recover any files you might have forgotton about. Also I make tarballs of flash when I do it the first time, to make it easier in the future.

Well I got to get going, and I may not be out here for a few days, so if I don't respond its not personal. I have about 30 minutes before I start taking the pills and head out to get all four wisdom teeth pulled, something I am truly not looking forward to. Hopefully I wont come back any dumber

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Good luck with the teeth, my friend. Enjoy the drugs.

---------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
Good luck with the teeth, my friend. Enjoy the drugs.

me thinks me needs to double my script...wasn't too bad though, its mostly my jaw hurting from them stretching it open.

Thank god I was asleep for that I imagined waking up with with a Nike print on my head from the pulling

I need to get all 4 of mine removed in the summer. Not looking forward to it.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, koffice