Notices

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the comments. My internet was out last night (actually, my power was out) otherwise I would have replied sooner.

I have a slightly fixed version for diablo that taks care of some scrollbar issues. I will release it and a chinook version this morning.

I would love to put this in extras, but it is not my program. I contacted the original author about this and am waiting to hear back. For everyone who likes this application it is Gabriel Nava that deserves the credit. I just made it so people could use it on more recent operating systems.

I hope to either take over the garage project or become a contributor so I can put these versions in extras, but for the time being they will be available through this thread.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Just a quick note that new version (diablo and chinook) are available in the second post of this thread now. If I don't hear from the original author in the next couple of days I think I will put this in maemo extras anyway.

can not thank you and the author enough for this value thanks 3+

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Thank you very much this is the program I use now for quick notes. No application necessary!

However, if you allow me to give some usability experiences I'd like to state the following:

1) The cursor is _always_ black even when the font is an other colour. This is difficult to read with some backgrounds.

2) The background isn't possible to set transparent. OMweather allows this, and my OMweather is under the yellow notes, so one of the two must change in order to have an aesthetic peace of mind. (Can upload screenshot if required.)

3) Instead of needing to press the button to edit or save the applet I first thought I should merely click on it. This moves the applet. IMO this is not user-friendly, and maybe it should be possibly to 'stick' an applet on the desktop making it impossible to move it, or 'unsticking' an applet to make it move. This is maybe more a maemo thing. I like how Winamp on Windows 'sticks' to the slide when its near the side, glueing itself. This makes it easy to drag the application to the place it must go to.

Just my experience & 0.02 EUR.

allnameswereout: Thanks for the comments.

1) I don't know if it is possible to change cursor colour, but I will look into it.

2) The background can be transparent if your theme supports it. Using echo or NuvoClear2 you can see if with a semi-transparent background. This is to make the applet fit into the desktop.

3) Locking applets is indeed a maemo thing. I understand OS2007 had locking applets and a lot of people complained about it. OS2008 has free moving applets, and a lot of people complain about it. Maybe OS2009 will have both.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Ummm... but.... It's not yellow....

Anyway, great job on this!

does the save icon function? and can notes written be saved thanks? tried several times without success.

It can be yellow. Just change the background colour in the options.

The save button just locks the text so it can't be edited. There is no "Save As" functionality. You just get one note that you can edit over and over again. This is stored in the folder ".yellownotes" in your home directory.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Ah, OK. Didn't actually install it, just looked at the screenshot. I have no real use for this, but good job anyway

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
1) I don't know if it is possible to change cursor colour, but I will look into it.
Please, make it the same as the colour of the font. If it blinks that'd be even better. The default black is good when the background is yellow.

The background can be transparent if your theme supports it. Using echo or NuvoClear2 you can see if with a semi-transparent background. This is to make the applet fit into the desktop.
Thanks yes, I think this is fixed now. Strangely, it appeared the RSS applet was able to always have a transparent background.

The new theme, plankton, also supports this.

3) Locking applets is indeed a maemo thing. I understand OS2007 had locking applets and a lot of people complained about it. OS2008 has free moving applets, and a lot of people complain about it. Maybe OS2009 will have both.
Hope so

Here is an other small issue I have: the white line starting from 's':
Attached Images