Notices

Okay, after several days of testing I'm promoting sudser 0.2.0 from extras-devel to extras.

Unlike the 0.1.0 series, it will allow you to run only the shell in password-protected mode (including the 'rush' script). This solves the problem with lockups during boot-up.

Unlike in the previous version, you can switch password/passwordless mode at any time now. For this, just run the 'sudser' command in the terminal. If you have openssh installed, you'll get a GUI password prompt. If you don't, it will read your password from terminal.

The Following User Says Thank You to anpaza For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks anpaza! I think sudser is superior to the other method and am happy it isn't maintained by some arrogant pretentious a55hole.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
I'm just reading this thread for the first time, but I could almost swear I read something around here regarding refraining from personal attacks while posting in this forum...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to briand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
edit: I did have a relatively long post with swearing towards sd_proto. I decided to retract that post as I don't feel like getting banned as it means I won't be able to contribute to this forum with posts that are actually useful.

I personally do think sudser is better and I use both sudser & rootsh on my tablet. I'm personally not bothered about sd_proto's opinion on rootsh and what packages he has installed or what he thinks of me. I haven't found anything of value in his posts so I have no need to argue with him as I don't think much of him.

As for pretentious though, well, I know a lot more than you ever will (you just have to look at my posts to see that) and I've done a lot more than you ever will so I think it's time you got that "BS" disorder sorted

Arrogant - Yes I am.
A55hole - Well I guess that one goes with being arrogant.

Originally Posted by sd_proto View Post
Thanks anpaza! I think sudser is superior to the other method and am happy it isn't maintained by some arrogant pretentious a55hole.
I'll also put that in as I bet that will be gone sometime later...

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-07-30 at 08:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Ignoring him/her/it is best.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Anyone can help me..
I've re-flashed my device (kernel and emmc). All processo without problems.

I've installed only OpenSSH server and client and rootsh.

When i try to, open x-terminal, and type: sudo echo 900000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq ; it gives me 'cannot create .... permissions denied'.

why?

the sudo wil make the echo root but not the redirection.

try

echo 9000 | sudo tee /proc/blah

Tags
becomeroot, rd-mode, root, rootsh, sudo