Active Topics

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway

I have the urban tool holster. Works like a charm. I put the N800 on the side that is against my torso with the screen facing the soft side and my phone and other stuff on the outer pockets.

heh, i would not have considered the N800 in the inner pocket. i have it in the larger outer one, but as a upwards angle.

Hey, stupid question. I like the hip pouches for the n810 you guys linked for me. But all I can find are ones with a horizontal pouch, not a vertical one. Anyone know where to get one with a vertical pouch?

I have this one and everything seem to fit nicely in it (HD, cables, BT Headphone,etc)
http://www.extremepda.com/PDASKINPLUS.html

Yeah.. I had it in one of the outer pockets. It was too hard to get in and to hard to get out. With the inner pocket, you take it out like a gun. lol

You just don't want the screen facing the velcro.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Has anyone found an armband like
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Sport-A...0404175&sr=1-7
, an ipod armband?
All I really need is a clear view and the abiluty to use the stylus.
/edit
Perhaps something like the boxwave Armor Case™ - Nokia N810 http://www.boxwave.com/products/armo...-n810_3045.htm
mounted on an arm/wristband.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Last edited by gemniii42; 2008-09-03 at 01:32.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Yeah.. I had it in one of the outer pockets. It was too hard to get in and to hard to get out. With the inner pocket, you take it out like a gun. lol

You just don't want the screen facing the velcro.
i would not say its to hard to take out, only that one need both hands for the task (something one really need to operate the tablet anyways).

oh, and as i can not close the inner pocket around the device i would worry about it falling out all the time.

i usually pop the gps there instead.

Last edited by tso; 2008-09-03 at 01:16.

Currently, I have three rigs:
  • A leather jacket with support gear (mouse, batteries, chargers, cables, earphones, etc.) in all the pockets, tablet and digicam in belt-clip holsters, and keys and maybe a keyboard in jeans pockets for winter.
  • A light vest with pockets in summer, keeping the tablet and digicam on the belt, and adding some of the support gear to jeans.
  • In the really hot parts of summer, when even that vest is too much, tablet and phone on the belt, jeans at capacity, and everything else carried over-the-shoulder in a random military bag I have, or (when possible) left behind.

But I don't really like the belt solution; I just killed the digicam's screen in a bike wreck last week, so I'm now looking for a better solution. Fishing keys out of my pocket with leather gloves on is not so good either.

And, timely enough, I spied a post reminding me you had this urbantool thing, and pointing me (via search) back to this thread.
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
I have the urban tool holster. Works like a charm. I put the N800 on the side that is against my torso with the screen facing the soft side and my phone and other stuff on the outer pockets.
Cool, I had looked at some of their stuff, but at the time it was too expensive to buy as "random possibly nice stuff"; I may grab it now, between needing a carry system worse and it being less random.

Which model do you have and how good is it? Does it work well under a coat or jacket? I bike to work all the time, so I definitely need to be able to throw a jacket on over it in the winter. What size are the various pockets?

Edit: Just went through Urbantool's site again, and it reminded me another reason I didn't buy their stuff. Their site's focus on how hip these things are instead of actual dimensions and such useful information is aggravating. But if I know one of their products is the right choice, I'll put up with their attitude long enough to buy one...

Last edited by Benson; 2009-02-04 at 03:46.

as a frequent user of the basicholster, i can say that i have fould room for my n800 (where their usage image shows a wallet, b twisting the n800 upwards while inside), a basic feature phone, a bluetooth gps (back velcro pocket, altho i could probably drop some change and a card case or money clip in there) and a bluetooth headset.

their businessholster may fit even more as they claim both a wallet and a pda/smartphone.

all in all, the pockets on their products are not rigidly defined, and the material used stretches with use (getting the n800 or phone out of the pockets have becoe easier with time as the material have loosened up).

oh and i forgot, i have been wearing it under a jacket this whole norwegian winter (not so bad here on the coast but still).

Last edited by tso; 2009-02-04 at 11:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post: