Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
If you bring this up on an Apple forum the reply will be variations on "why ever would you want to do two things at once?".
Which is what early MacOS and Windows proponents used to say before they had true pre-emptive multi-tasking.

Once Windows had it, they raved about it like it was their innovation. With the Mac, they at least acknowledged they had inherited it from their new unix core. But either way, it went from "not necessary" to "proof that they're on a modern OS, and how could any platform do without it?"

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
lol. All this talk about the new tablet is driving me up a wall. I so want one! ^_^;;
What if the new ITT will cost about $700, will you guys still buy it?

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
I would pay $700 if the new ITT had a decent GPS, Skype with video or at least video conferencing from ITT to desktop computer.

My max is €300 / $400. Would be an Interesting question for a poll b.t.w.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
. . . ITT . . .
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
. . . ITT . . . ITT . . .
So you guys are considering buying the site off Reggie? $700 sounds a little low, honestly.

More seriously, a what if is all well and good, but Nokia prices themselves right out of the market if the push $700. We know that, they know that. It wont be that expensive.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
So you guys are considering buying the site off Reggie? $700 sounds a little low, honestly.
LOL! you right, its IT not ITT!

I don't suppose there's been any indications when the new IT is coming out?My poor old 8250 phone is on the way out, and my iPod mini is too, N800 still going strong. I was thinking of getting an iPhone to combine the functionality of all three (don't hit me), but if there's a new internet tablet coming soonish, I might hold off a while...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jimb View Post
I don't suppose there's been any indications when the new IT is coming out?My poor old 8250 phone is on the way out, and my iPod mini is too, N800 still going strong. I was thinking of getting an iPhone to combine the functionality of all three (don't hit me), but if there's a new internet tablet coming soonish, I might hold off a while...
Summer 2009 is a safe bet.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 610 | Thanked: 391 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ DC, USA
If it were 770 sized with hard case, GPS, and new fancy processor with more memory, yes.

At $700, it'd be real hard to justify, but depending how scarce Pandoras continue to be, I just might.

There's competing platforms in that price range (refurbed U820 comes to mind), but not with comparable mobility. $500 or so seems more likely, and at that price I'm almost certain to.