Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It should complain on installation with the package name. I'm talking about 0.3-5.1 from yesterday.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by drizek View Post
Ya, I had to install libpcre3 as well. It is like a guessing game with these libraries since there is no tab autocompletion on the tablets....
Bash from extras-devel and http://www.caliban.org/files/bash/ba...0060301.tar.gz work for me to have tab autocompletion on my tablet

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
I just installed Tear on my N800. The difference in page load time between Tear and Microb is amazing. Almost 20 seconds faster for the average internettablettalk forum page. I love the kinetic scrolling.
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

I want to say how seriously impressed I am. I always dive into these installs looking for some serious improvements, and there are tons of posts saying that "ZOMG This makes things 1337!!" But it never really helps. This thing is straight up awesome. There are a few pages that dont load quite right, but the speed increase is just amazing. the fact that I cna scroll a page well is increadible. I <3 Tear!

dowloaded as described at begin of thread-error message-packages missing

packages missing libpcre3,libwebkit1.01,libwebkitgtk 1

ok got libpcre3----where is the other 2

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
In the first post of the Tear thread
Or directly here:
http://bundyo.org/maemo/webkit/libwe...28-1_armel.deb

You need only one of them (I probably should remove the other alternative since it won't work with it).

thanks -tried it out-fastest browser i have used including windows ce and wm 6---well done...a few bugs but worth the speed

I finally got webkit installed. I had to force it to overwrite since there was some error (can't remember exactly) and installed Tear. Now it says Tear is loading then just quits. Any ideas?

I've actually been having quite a bit of trouble with installations lately. I've had to install software using the terminal a few times, (download and dpkg -i). Is there something I can do to get my n810 back to playing nice?

Tags
tear