Active Topics

Notices

Haha if you wanna get fancy you could make a swiping motion to complete tasks :P. I was thinking about syncing some more. While syncing to an online server is great, and it's an easy way to get multiplatform access. What if your net is down? Or what if their service goes down? Will the client be multiplatform (at least able to run in a Linux box and the tablet?).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
@Laughing Man: It does and will always be tested for running on desktop Linux, that is my main platform of development due to laziness. I do Maemo testing when experimenting with the hildon specific features or when releasing packages.

So do you think it's possible to also do a local sync between the same app?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

If people are interested in trying it out, I've placed a package in extras-devel
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...free/d/doneit/

0.3.0 alpha release for concept testing
* Initial Release
* Backend Support: Remember The Milk
* Completing of tasks
* Browse to task URLs
* Task editing:
** Task list
** Task Name
** Task Priority
** Task Due Date
* Note Viewer / Editor
* Not supported:
** Adding, renaming, and (un)archiving of lists
** Uncompleting a task and viewing completed tasks
** Viewing/editing of task recurrence, time estimate, tags, location, url
** Postponing tasks (rather than just changing due date)
** Due time

Known issues:
* Network communication blocks the UI, making it non-responsive for small bouts of time
* On maemo dialogs aren't sized correctly and sometimes appear in the application list
* The item list columns go off screen
* Initial listing of todo items fails for me for some reason, but if I switch lists and switch back, it is then fine
* If for some reason the app ends up in lala land (not logged in to any service) the only way to try to login again to RTM is to delete "~/.doneit/settings.ini"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
I know there is a lot of interest in this app and I am interested in it, but I'm sorry to say that for now I am backing away from it. I feel like I wanted prioritize my efforts on making improvements to the apps I currently use or get working again apps that I want to use. I am a heavy RTM user and would find such an app helpful but its lower on my priority of needs.

If anyone wants to pick it up the git repo is all up to date. I also put a new package in extras-devel.

For all those looking at using Python RTM bindings, please take a look at my version of them. I have made improvements.