Notices

Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post
Until someone can get working on an updated version of Pidgin for Maemo, use cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com in the Pager Server to get it working for the time being. If you use RTCOMM, check the Pidgin And RTComm Problem for my quick fix solution by editing the hosts file.
Jesse~
is it working for everybody cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com on pidgin?.. bc for me is not!!!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Works for me after adding the “cn”.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
@EL_EASY, Pidgin was working with Yahoo! for me earlier today and still is. So far, the IP I found and the Pager Server munkey216 found have been working nicely for a few days.

Remember, make sure it's cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com. If that fails completely, go ahead and add the IP address from the other thread to your hosts file to be 100% sure you've ruled out the possibility of it not working. Also, make sure your machine can connect to the Pacific Asian Yahoo! Pager Server. Ping the site from your device (make sure you have root privileges):

Code:
~ $ root
Nokia-N810-43-7:~# ping cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com
My tablet can see it. If you get an error, then your tablet can't connect. If you get an error for using it and asks if you are root, then you have not enabled root on your tablet. Go here (best option is rootsh).

To stop the pinging of the site, press Ctrl+C on your tablet if it's reading it. If you can ping the site from your tablet without a problem, then there's something else wrong. Perhaps with your router. Post here when you have results.

Originally Posted by jperez2009 View Post
@EL_EASY, Pidgin was working with Yahoo! for me earlier today and still is. So far, the IP I found and the Pager Server munkey216 found have been working nicely for a few days.

Remember, make sure it's cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com. If that fails completely, go ahead and add the IP address from the other thread to your hosts file to be 100% sure you've ruled out the possibility of it not working. Also, make sure your machine can connect to the Pacific Asian Yahoo! Pager Server. Ping the site from your device (make sure you have root privileges):

Code:
~ $ root
Nokia-N810-43-7:~# ping cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com
My tablet can see it. If you get an error, then your tablet can't connect. If you get an error for using it and asks if you are root, then you have not enabled root on your tablet. Go here (best option is rootsh).

To stop the pinging of the site, press Ctrl+C on your tablet if it's reading it. If you can ping the site from your tablet without a problem, then there's something else wrong. Perhaps with your router. Post here when you have results.
jperez2009, I did all the clazy things u want me to do above and it works.THANKS.. Now i need to fix RTCOMM, you already posted it but i don't know is more complicated and i only have gizmo5 there, if i could setupt gizmo to ring with pidgin, i would uninstall RTCOMM.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Yeah, getting Yahoo! to work in RTCOMM is a little time consuming and complicated. I usually just recommend Pidgin. I have both Pidgin and RTCOMM setup with the Yahoo! fix, but I use them for my WLM contacts since I don't use Yahoo! anymore. I mainly did it to see if everything is working and to help others.

Jesse~

The Following User Says Thank You to jperez2009 For This Useful Post:
I can not access Pidgin any longer using cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com. Pidgin loads when I click on it but says connecting and then just closes. I can't get it to stay on long enough to change anything. Any simple ideas? I don't know how to do anything in root. Thanks!

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
what about using Yahoo Messenger in the browser?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I think meebo still works in the browser.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
That is a option but when you use the browser with Yahoo Messenger are you using your preset privacy settings in the messenger or does it show you available to everyone? Sometimes it is nice to just be available only to some people.

This is a known error in Pidgin 2.6

Yahoo changed the protocol.

2.5.5 is what is stable for Ubuntu to avoid same error.

Tags
pidgin, yahoo.