You very rarely get the labeled capacity of nimh AA batteries too these days. Notable exception being Sanyo, and a handful of others.

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Is this true? I don't know much about batteries but I have seen AA and AAA batteries increase in power over the years and the battery size hasn't changed.
Yes, but that's not li-ion technology. NiMH batteries have indeed steadily increased the capacity. Li-Ion doesn't, or at least it does so very slowly - I don't see much difference in size between a 1500mAh battery from 2004 and today.

(Another thing is that the capacity you see on AA and AAA rechargable batteries are more often than not simply not true - at least not for those advertising >2000mAh. I've seen such batteries been tested with special equipment and the real capacity is typically way below what's labeled.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
this thread is nearly 1 month old now - has anyone ordered and tried these high-capacity batteries yet?

are they worth buying (and trying)?

@msa: Read this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=14
which explains why not bothering.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Think about it this way:

If it was possible to get more power from a same-size Li-ion battery, it would also be possible to get the same power from a smaller battery. And manufacturers like Nokia know that people will pay a premium for smaller devices, so if it was possible they would obviously be doing it.

The only "wiggle room" would be to produce a same-size battery with a thinner casing and more of the goo inside. That would be a bad move because it would increase the risk of burning.

Regards,
Roger

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
I tested the BL-5J battery Gold; therefore read:

http://www.sygysweb.nl/n900forum/vie...t=162&start=40

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
urgh...... dutch?
No wonder you didn't post a review on here
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Is it me or does the second graph on that link look like the battery was being charged in between times. Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The battery meter selfcorrects itself whenever it's very wrong.

The only good way to test capacity is doing some consistent test, like timing how many hours of mp3 playback you can get screen off and offline.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
The only good way to test capacity is doing some consistent test, like timing how many hours of mp3 playback you can get screen off and offline.
Better yet, test the battery outside of the phone and discharge it manually with a data logging multimeter hooked up.