I have a question about the installer: how often does "Install Bootmenu" need to be run?. I installed the mer installer a few days ago and followed the instructions to install Mer 0.15. Then, today, I installed Mer 0.16 by simply running "Install Mer" -- I saw no need to run "Install Bootmenu" again. Was I wrong in thinking this? If not, could the wiki doc on the Installer be clarified?

My thanks to the Mer team.

Any ETA on .17?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Any ETA on .17?
According to Mer roadmap it is planned to be ready on week 45.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
is 0.17 anything for 770 owners? If yes, ainy hope getting sound for 770 in the near future?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
hmmm...week 45 has come and gone.

They will probably release the 0.17 right after they get the 3D driver from TI

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I see mention of supporting the N810 GPS in 0.17, will bluetooth GPS also be supported for N800?

Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
They will probably release the 0.17 right after they get the 3D driver from TI
I'm guessing here, but if TI said they were going to release the drivers in two weeks (was that more than a month ago?), then they probably already had them done. I can't see them saying that and not delivering in these highly competitive times.

IMO, the set-back in timing is probably because most of the people working on the bigger development projects now have a shiny new toy, the N900!

I've had my N810 for almost a year now, and I'm about done with it. I like it, but it does leave you slightly underpowered and teased a bit. There are so many new devices to choose from, and I bet black friday will be great time to buy! I've tested the droid and a few others. Leaning toward the droid, but if the N900 got to a reasonable price, I would do that (arouund 200USD for me)

Originally Posted by Nepotomus View Post
I'm guessing here, but if TI said they were going to release the drivers in two weeks (was that more than a month ago?), then they probably already had them done. I can't see them saying that and not delivering in these highly competitive times.
I was a joke.. Mer developers have probably been too optimistic with the schedule.

But seriously, if the Mer development pace is too slow, I fear that it won't be big success. People will buy new devices to replace old tablets and for example the new N900 that my friend has, is totally awesome. I wouldn't miss Mer at all if I had N900. Unfortunately I probably won't get new phone from my company for another 6 months because of the financial situation and that's why I have been holding on to my tablet (which I got as a Christmas present last year).

The Following User Says Thank You to Mixu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
It'd be interesting to get an update from someone working on Mer about what the 'new' target date for 0.17 is - and if the project schedule in total is being shifted as well (due to N900 shininess or whatnot).

I'm still hoping it's moving forward though.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Tags
mer, release