Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by tonypercy View Post
Ovi did update on my n900, and download my contacts, but I haven't tried since flashing the phone to the release firmware.

How did you do that???

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dortmund, Germany
Same question, how did somebody sync the contacts from N900 to OVI?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
OVI Suite will sync contacts to N900 from something like MS Outlook.

OVI.com uses SyncML to update via cloud, N900 doesn't have that support at present apparently.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
any updates here?

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Nope... No updates.
I emailed OVI support yesterday and they told me to use PC Suite for contact sync.

But that's not what I asked for!
I had asked them if there is a way to sync contacts over the air (OTA), i.e. over 3G or WiFi (WITHOUT PLUGGING THE N900 TO A COMPUTER!)....

I guess they haven't figured a way yet. Shame.

Last edited by troff76; 2010-01-26 at 12:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to troff76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
troff76,

Email and phone technical support in general are not prepared to answer anything more complex than how to make or receive calls... If the employees from this 1st level support had more technical skills they probably would be working elsewhere...

I am also waiting for OTA syncing with Ovi, but know it won't solve my problem anymore. I had a N95 and backup up all my contacts and calendar/tasks to Ovi, and sold it before my N900 arrives. There was simply no way to copy my info from Ovi site to my phone, since Ovi Suite also doesn't support N900 yet and PC Suite don't connect to Ovi Services. The solution was to manually enter contacts and a few tasks from my calendar.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
russo_br

I was lucky because I kept my N95 and was able to transfer all contacts to N900 via bluetooth very smoothly.

But eversince I got my N900 I haven't synced my contacts again. I hope some developer comes up with a solution soon!

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
Any news here?

There is a software called SyncEvolution..
It supports SyncML..
But there is no option for syncing with OVI
("just" Funambol, Google, Goosync, Memtoo, Mobical, Oracle, SheduleWorld, Synthetics & ZYB)

Maybe its possible to edit preinstalled Sync-Options to get OVI-Support?
I would like to try.. but dont know where to search..

greetings from germany
Markus

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland@Turku
If there is one single thing I'd be able to wish for it is full support for OVI with all synching etc. I took great care in setting up my contacts and calendar there and what not. Then switched from N97 to N900. Oops. Nevermind Meego for me. Its OVI support I n e e d.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by matteone View Post
So ... the answer is ... YES :-)
I'm sorry, what ?

Originally Posted by matteone View Post
If you want to see the screens ... let me know.
Damned if I' don't. Please show us the said screens