Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Do we really need to tag Nokians (is it only me freaked out by this word a bit?) on this forum?
When talking about Important Persons in this context, I'm rather thinking about good old Moderators/Administrators of the forum. Not necessarily (but desirably) so knowledgeable, but simply having more power on this forum. We have seen some (serious) misbehavior recently, and I'm afraid we can expect more in the future. I think wee need this 'law enforcement group' to be visible and clearly identified.

Nothing to do with company you're working for

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Honestly, if there's a lot of contradictory information swirling around a topic, and nobody is stepping in to make a clearly authoritative statement on the issue, it's probably because there is no clearly authoritative statement out there. Nokia employees often aren't allowed to say anything, and when it comes to speculation, even the most educated guessers amongst the "old timers" here are often more wrong than some new guy who joined last month.

You've found the two "authorised" Nokia employees who often tell us what Nokia can tell us on a topic. If you don't hear it from Peter or Quim, your guess is as good as mine as to the authenticity of the information.

Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
I'm still for keeping 'normal' community members all in one basket.
I want to be in the 'abnormal' basket. All my important people are invisible... to others...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I want to be in the 'abnormal' basket. All my important people are invisible... to others...
Don't worry, you're pretty much invisible my dear Alan.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Easy workaround: Everybody add footers.
RESOLVED FIXED. ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Easy workaround: Everybody add footers.
RESOLVED FIXED. ;-)
Heh, that made me giggle. Seems some people just can't leave their jobs ever. Thanks Andre

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
When talking about Important Persons in this context, I'm rather thinking about good old Moderators/Administrators of the forum.
The Moderators already have a "Moderator" on the left hand side of their post count.

So this has been taken care of

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to range For This Useful Post:
Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Originally Posted by range View Post
The Moderators already have a "Moderator" on the left hand side of their post count.

So this has been taken care of
Hmm, so I would say that it's either not visible enough or there are very few of them (maybe different color for a nick?)

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The "moderator" tag is pretty non-descriptive, too. I'm supposedly a "moderator," but I only moderate one sub-forum, the Alternatives section. I have no moderator powers outside of that tiny realm. Not like Reggie or sjgadsby. They're pretty much omnipotent. They're the ones you want to be sacrificing chickens to.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Only chickens? Most boards sacrifice virgins to their admins/supermods. Is Maemo short of them?

@qole:
In some other forums the omni-potent ones are tagged 'Super moderator' and the rest just 'Moderator'.