Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
One thing I don't think it does is sync online using SyncML and http(s), Funambol-style :-)
This is one of the features that I really miss from the S60 days: SyncML over HTTP, especially to OVI.com!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cincinnati, OH
internal browser....so far

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
SSH. I am enjoying being able to update/upgrade my device remotely and try out python scripts from my laptop. Not to mention, file transfer via scp is priceless

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
For me, it's the integrated contacts. being able to IM or skype someone just as easily as I would call or SMS is great. I've wowed a couple of people making skype calls...

the possibility of writing python or perl code on the device with vim is also very interesting

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
As soon as someone figure out how to add OTR to the built in IMs, this is going to be the best IM client ever!

Also the browser is just amazing. ssh/term too of course, and uhm...
Still need to get the classic gamepad / wiimote working with drnoksnes and figure out how to get Irreco to work, those 2 might be great ...

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Silicon Valley
FBReader with what I believe is Qole's toggle button hack for page turning + a custom key mapping. Was able to pick up reading a novel from the N810 and use almost the same "workflow", err, make that "readflow" on the N900.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Obviously the browser...kinda goes without saying. But also MaStory, nice easy way to upload blog posts to Wordpress, blogger etc. And Conversations is just cool, looks even slicker than the threaded messaging on the iPhone.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Hard to say which app since its all integrated so much and so well, getting an SMS while chatting on GTalk and checking out pictures online and talking about them at the same time and getting the tweets is priceless. A truly connected experience. As for single app, surely SSH client and the xterm is the second most used

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
As soon as someone figure out how to add OTR to the built in IMs, this is going to be the best IM client ever!

Also the browser is just amazing. ssh/term too of course, and uhm...
Still need to get the classic gamepad / wiimote working with drnoksnes and figure out how to get Irreco to work, those 2 might be great ...
theres alreay an app for adding more im's to the acounts sectiin, it's called butterfly and its in the testing repository.

i've tried this app out, it won't let me sign in, still need to fix this problem however many other people have confirmed the app works

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Anwarboy11; 2009-12-15 at 07:46.