Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Never mind, I thought I was using Scratchbox 2 and I was actually using a broken installation of Scratchbox 1. I got it working some time afterwards and thanks for responding.

I am running x86_64 bit Gentoo Linux

I have managed to get the scratch-box running using the manual instructions - and without using a virtual machine. I managed to log in and build libmdclient and a qt4 mpd client i have been working on and got it to run in the Xephyr X window. I thought i was installing scratchbox2 but later discovered it is in fact scratchbox 1.

I also finally managed to get eclipse to run by downloading the 3.4.2 c/c++ 64 bit build, unpacking it, and doing the same for xulrunner 1.8.0.1 in my home dir and then went through the software update procedure to add esbox. I could not get the pre-packaged esbox to run at all.

However i am unable to make esbox communicate with the scratchbox, It says "Initialsiing RSE..." for a short period and then refuses to go any further, it wont start the application framework and it wont start Xephyr.

Does any body have any ideas on what to try?

I have installed scratchbox2 from Gentoo portage but it seems to only be a very base level which must need toolchains and maemo specifics on top, but i cannot find any docs on how to go about these next steps.

Just thought i'd add that a similar problem occurs when i try to create a new project, at the step where i have to select a build target it tells me
"No build target(s) selected."
When the box is checked in scratchbox 1
I can see that the startup menu entry seems to work as it mounts the various things for scratchbox but i cannot choose it as a build target and i cannot get it to do the equivalent of af-sb-init.sh start

Finally found the solution, even though esbox is told the path to scratchbox is /path/to/scratchbox it is in some places looking to find it at /scratchbox.

the solution is to symlink /path/to/scratchbox /scratchbox.

I think i'm finally up and running

Originally Posted by mangodan2003 View Post
the solution is to symlink /path/to/scratchbox /scratchbox.
I also had odd problems when using a symlink. My environment sis not work correctly until I ditched the symlink and used a bind mount instead ..

mount -o bind /opt/scratchbox /scratchbox

(above done entirely from memory, so may be wrong )

I'm working primarily in Python and IIRC, I was hitting problems when esbox was trying to configure the python interpreter environment.

ok thanks, ill bare that in mind, another bind mount for my fstab.. hehe

Hi, I have successfully make a .deb file and install in my phone but then after installation there is nothing in the phone and when I open the .deb file in my Linux machine, it just has some structure folders and readme file, nothing more.
i followed exactly like what is said in the document, in esbox choose generate debian structure and then choose create debian package with fremantle-atmel env. I think esbox has some problems with that. There nothing else user can do
I have the same problem using dh-make and dpkg-buildpackage.
Any help please, I really need this help.

Last edited by lamle; 2010-04-26 at 20:02.