Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Luke Valentine View Post
Ha, no offense implied!

The files that you are encoding, are 720 or 1080? I've found that encoding at 30 FPS really slows some bits down.
720p30. But i think that it doesn't matter what fps rate you have because bitrate comparison is universal between files regardless fps.

Tried handbrake and it made quite low bitrate file. Hmm, have to investigate.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Leeds, UK
Well, all the best with it! You seem to know exactly what your doing anyway, I think i'll just settle for videos that play smooth, leave the expertise to the guys who know what they're doing, haha

These trailers are great - and are encoded exactly for the great N900 screen - 800 wide.

I can easily tell the difference between videos encoded at full and half resolution (400 wide).

One of the important advantages of the N900 is its ability to play very high quality videos on a high-resolution screen (so there iPods), and it uses hardware acceleration.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=868CIUUE

Last edited by mikec; 2010-01-22 at 19:35.

It would be a pretty quick and painless process to convert anything from the apple site to N900 format. I can do a batch process and cook out like 20+ super high quality trailers while I go eat a sandwich.

thing is who really puts these on there device? I watch a movie trailer one time to see if I like a movie and only because I want to check if I like it or not, I dont tote it around to view multiple times for no reason.

Well downloading your Ironman 2 trailer now to see what it looks like and what kind of codec settings you used.

I agree on using 800px wide if you want max quality, its the native for the N900 screen. No need for 30fps though, cinima is not run @ 30fps and recoding an original source that is only 24fps to 30fps is rather barbaric and pointless, infact you may lose quality there since your not going to create any new frames just by increasing the frame rate and the interpolation between the frames could get jarred up. Even in a best case you just keep the same quality but made it harder to render and the file size larger.

I assume you just used baseline 3.0 H264 profile? or have you found the N900 can handle some of the more advanced features of the codec?

Last edited by ViciousXUSMC; 2010-01-22 at 11:38.

I get no sound on the Avatar trailer, all the others ones will say completed download after about 700k

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
I get no sound on the Avatar trailer, all the others ones will say completed download after about 700k
Just downloaded Avatar and works here. Do you get sound on your Laptop? Have you got latest extra codecs installed?

Last edited by mikec; 2010-01-22 at 19:41.

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Just downloaded Avatar and works here. Do you get sound on your Laptop? Have you got latest extra codecs installed?
I didnt try it on my laptop I just put it straight on my phone

I do have the latest extra codecs installed, but I cant play mpg or mkv's either as they say unsupported

I think I will uninstall the codecs and re-install them as ive upgraded the FW since installing the codecs

S

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
I didnt try it on my laptop I just put it straight on my phone

I do have the latest extra codecs installed, but I cant play mpg or mkv's either as they say unsupported

I think I will uninstall the codecs and re-install them as ive upgraded the FW since installing the codecs

S
The codecs were refreshed especially for PR1.1

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post: