Originally Posted by Jef91 View Post
I have their 60$/month 500min/unlimited text/unlimited data

At any rate it works when I configure it as I stated in my above post to epc.tmobile.com but not for any of the others. Not that it really matters I guess - but all my other settings are at defaults so I find it odd that settings that are working for everyone else do not work for my device.
APN access is based on your data plan. Only the $25+ "Smartphone" plans provide access to the multiple APNs. It matters if you care that your data traffic may be accessing the internet thru TMobile from another part of the country, adding uncecessary latency.

u might not have a 3g coverage in your area

yes all those setting works for unlimited plan i mean epc. & internet2. setting and gives 3G-3.5 solid.
http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_APNs
But does anybody tried to tethering via usb and PCsuite. Im having 921kbps but browser doesnt load the page. I would say most of the time sometime it works and then again seems like im loosing connection or something ...anybody know what it could be?

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
My N900 tethered right up on Ubuntu under my Gnome network manager applet. Works great. (The KDE network manager was less than friendly auto setting it up - I'll have to manually configure it later)

~Jeff

Originally Posted by ed00 View Post
yes all those setting works for unlimited plan i mean epc. & internet2. setting and gives 3G-3.5 solid.
http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_APNs
But does anybody tried to tethering via usb and PCsuite. Im having 921kbps but browser doesnt load the page. I would say most of the time sometime it works and then again seems like im loosing connection or something ...anybody know what it could be?
Works fine for me...you may want to try turning off all your PCs firewalls, if installed/active.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
i have been using my n900 on tmobile since i got it in early December, and it has been great. I updated the other day to firmware I believe it was 44.2, and it became hit or miss. It shows 3G or 3.5 all the time, but web pages won't load. I get an error screen, and have to retry several times. Other times it works great, and my 3G feels almost as fast as my home wi-fi connection. I was hoping this would be fixed with firmware 51.1, but today has been more of the same. I was originally usung inernet2.voicestream.com, but switched to apc.tmobile.com to see if that would help. Is anyone else having this issue? I am on tmo usa in the Orlando, Florida area.

Tried everything still cant make it work .Going perfect first few minuts then stops but funny thing is that it shows full connection and speed.Page still doesnt want to load.

I'm in the UK and get the same problem with T-Mobile UK. If I change the settings to GSM its perfectly fine however all i can do on 3./3,5g on T-mobile is connect to ovi contacts but i cant browse the web at all.

any ideas

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Orlando, FL
Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
I'm in the UK and get the same problem with T-Mobile UK. If I change the settings to GSM its perfectly fine however all i can do on 3./3,5g on T-mobile is connect to ovi contacts but i cant browse the web at all.

any ideas
Were you having trouble from the beginning, or did you install the new firmware and then begin having trouble? I have been reading in other posts that the firmware updated the GSM radio, which is why we can't reflash to an older version without losing mobile internet. My device worked perfectly until the firmware update, so I am wondering what was updated in the radio and if there is a way to fix it. Also, I am wondering if it's specific to T-Mobile or if other carries are having the same issue?

Last edited by Medic7051; 2010-01-16 at 14:31.

Hi,

I had the same problem. I'm on the unlimited talk/text/web 79.99 plan... I was using a BB previously and had BB data and internet when i got my n900 last week, i switched the SIM and i wasnt able to surf through 3G...

I Called TMo and talked to their level 3 techs... Dont bother trying to do it yourself... They pushed the provisioning of a similar smartphone to my n900 while i was talking to them; it works beautifully now.