Active Topics

Originally Posted by mattajas View Post
That's not a friend
Ahahah, maybe you're right. However, the fact that my N900 survived in that situation makes me very proud.

Originally Posted by mattajas View Post
I bought the full-body protection to my N900 from a Swedish web-shop. Was little afraid to put it on after reading this thread. I was really careful with the amount of water, but to get a good result it shouldn't be to little either. I didn't get any water under the screen.

It took me about 1.5h to get all parts on and the result is almost perfectly except for one bubble (think its dust under) outside the screen-area and maybe two small dusts of grain on the screen.

The phone feels rubbery, but I kind of like it, it feels secure and I don't have to worry about scratches. Of course the phone looks less stylish and the rubbery feeling on the body makes it feel less expensive For me it is worth it, and I have quite dry hands so my fingers aren't sticking that much to the screen.
Completely agree with you. The rubbery will reduce with time, do not worry.

And being absolutely peaceful while using nails heavily on the screen is absolutely priceless for me, no more worries at all.

I just want to say the zagg shield is awesome. It was my first time installing any protector with water and it went smoothly. I was able to install everything in 20 minutes.

I didn't get any stuck water or water damage either. After 12 hours everything seemed ok, so I put the battery in and turned it on.

It does feel rubbery, but I like it and the rubbery feel on the touch screen doesn't bother me, so i'm glad I got this.

My only complaint is it doesn't come with more pieces for the side of the lcd screen, stand, or in between speakers/unlock button/headphone jack.

i installed mine in 15-20 min. As far as the water goes to the people who were having problems how much water did you use? I used just enough to wet everything so the material could still move on the phone. I squeegeed and dried the phone at the same time. I had zero problems except for 1 spec of dust i got trapped under the screen protector but i can deal with it. I turned the phone back on as soon as i was done, no waiting, i didn't have any excess water anywhere. And one day after it was installed it looked even better.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Someone interested in Zagg might find this useful

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=493

I installed my full body ZAGG Invisible. all was ok with me.

So water issues at all. only think I find strange it that the side with the lock screen button dose not get covered, and the kickstand also dose not get a cover but I do have allot of the ZAGG Invisible stuff left to. So will just cut some off and make a bit that fits.

i like a ZAGG as it add more grip to the handset. And the touch screen does not seem to be affected.

I only used enough water to dampen the stuff and used a paper towel to remove any water that was moved when using the scrapper to remove any air bubbles.

torpedo48 how did u get on with removeing your water?

Last edited by mackan1; 2010-02-19 at 08:36.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
I am using Zagg since I had owned N95. Used it on my GF phones as well. Always perfect results with literally no bubbles or imperfections after couple days following the application. Just once on N900, I had to reapply because of tiny hair stuck right in the center of the screen. All you need to do prior the application is wash your hands, Windex the screen (I do), wet your fingers with application fluid, take off the shield, wet the sticky part of the shield with sponge and place it on the screen. It will easily slide in desired place, and becomes the true and only INVISIBLE SHIELD. THE END .

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
the invisible shield is making my device look old and it's not invisible

I wonder if u can paint the invisible shield
(when i say paint I don't mean the screen).
would be nice to have a mat black phone.

Last edited by mackan1; 2010-02-19 at 10:58.

Originally Posted by mackan1 View Post
I wonder if u can paint the invisible shield
(when i say paint I don't mean the screen).
would be nice to have a mat black phone.
very true, thats why im still considering whether i should buy zagg..

Close the rice cup. I think the halo is caused by the film itself having distorting the color of the LCD screen, similar to what bubble does to sunlight giving out the rainbow effect. This can't be fixed, and I hope I'm wrong given that other users are doing fine with Zagg.

I use Vikuiti DQC-160. I opted for it because it's 3M, removable for washing, and cheaper. Applying was as easy as /pagesix1536/ mentioned.

Wish you luck.