Notices

Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
foreca weather, recaller and personal dataplan monitor.
Not on same screen either :/
I've been having this problem for a while but it's been on and off, however it's happened a lot this past couple of days. The only widget from your list that I have is the personal dataplan monitor so I'm going to try leaving that disabled and see if it fixes my problem.

Widgets I (usually) have installed:

Conversations Inbox
Email
Facebook
Personal Dataplan Monitor
Personal IP Address
Twitter

Thanks all, and fingers crossed

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
At least when we add back the widgets, they appear back in the original locations.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Indeed. Don't even need to be on the right screen

Mine will disappear once in a blue moon. Things will be going great for months, then all of a sudden, one day *Zonk* all gone.

I'm pretty sure someone somewhere said it was something to do with Python based widgets.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
My experience was usually related to non-functioning media player widget. When I remove the media player widget, all the rest disappear as well.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Mine only disappear after I've installed a new widget. My most recent was the Search App widget. On reboot, all of my widgets on every homescreen had vanished. But (after very short panic) as I started putting them back, as Joseph.skb says, they (strangely) find their old spots when being put back. No harm done really, just a small annoyance.

I find it's just the third-party ones that disappear. The Ovi one that was on from when the phone was new never goes (and I never use it) and the calendar never goes. Also, all icons and shortcuts remain

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
I've got a similar issue. The desktop icons and widgets become completely unresponsive, I can enter desktop editing mode, but not make any changes.

If I restart the desktop process, all the third-party widgets disappear (in my case, only shortcuts and contacts remain). I have to restore the widgets manually, though thankfully they all return to their correct positions and all automatically.

I somehow started to suspect recaller, and removed the widget (didn't uninstall it) it to see whether it makes any difference. Uptime since removing recaller is 8 days 11 hours, without a single issue. With recaller I rarely got to 4 days.

Any ideas? I'd like to have recording capability, actually I'd like to have recaller, even. Some way to completely remove recaller and all the settings files and such related to it, and then reinstall it cleanly? Some fix?

Mine went again the other day a couple of times. Appeared to be related to the GPS, or more specifically the geo-location in MicroB since I was using Latitude at the time

I have had this problem for a long time. It happens usually after calls. I have recaller installed and I can see that the recaller is left in recording mode. It cannot be stopped and all the other shortcuts and widgets are unresposive as well.

I also had problems with the dr launch widget. Whenever I would try to add it to desktop, all widgets would dissappear. Could add them manually after that, only the dr launch would not appear .

Thinking of trying reflashing but I have sooo much stuff installed that donīt know if I want to go in to that.