rob1n is right, uninstall stuff that you installed from testing and devel, i remember when i was freeing up space mc aka midnight commander also was taking a lot of space. Do you have devel repo enabled and download stuff from it?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That all looks pretty normal I'm afraid - doesn't look like there's any big files where they shouldn't be. It looks like you've just installed too many non-optified apps from extras-testing and extras-devel.

All I can suggest at this stage is to disable all the repositories (to free up some space), then use App manager to uninstall any big apps. You can use the scripts I've posted to find which packages are taking up the most space. It's then a case of matching the package name to the application and uninstalling.

You might also want to read through the various other threads on freeing up rootfs space, to see whether there's any other ideas there that might apply.
thanks!

Now i have free about 2mb of rootsh space, i got another problem.
When I check for downloads in app manager, an "operation failed" text pops out.

i tried installing via xterm but nothing happend

u tried installing what? and why r u not focusing on unistalling stuff rather than still continue installations?

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
u tried installing what? and why r u not focusing on unistalling stuff rather than still continue installations?
no, i mean when i update the app catalogs, the error occurred, maybe because i move the /var/cache/apt to /home/user

and because off the screw up, i cant get a hold of the files i need to uninstall (no apps installed pops out when I try uninstall)

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
just make a backup of your contacts, dates and so on (NOT your installed apps!). reflash your device and restore the backupped data. then you can install ONLY optified apps - just don't mess around with devel!

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
no, i mean when i update the app catalogs, the error occurred, maybe because i move the /var/cache/apt to /home/user
i wouldnt move stuff around like that without having proper knowledge of what I am doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to abubakar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
just make a backup of your contacts, dates and so on (NOT your installed apps!). reflash your device and restore the backupped data. then you can install ONLY optified apps - just don't mess around with devel!
thats another problem, ReFlashing, i need some kinda device for that right???

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
thats another problem, ReFlashing, i need some kinda device for that right???
no.
just a pc with windows or linux running on it - or a mac ^^
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
i wouldnt move stuff around like that without having proper knowledge of what I am doing.
i'll do what you've said the time i reflash my device. thanks!!!