Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Just have enough rootfs space to be able to take on the grunt of Qt + libicu
Isn't Qt already installed on N900? It should only be "grunt" of libicu An that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make - I don't have N900 anyway

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
EDIT: As for the libicu in extras-testing - as it's a generic lib it will go to extras when an app using it enters extras.
Yeah, I was wondering how that works, obviously no one is going to test libicu in extras-testing directly.

So here's catch-22: libicu needs an app to drag it into extras, but an app (*cough* aarddict *cough*) needs libicu to be in extras

Ok, I'm joking, good job selling idea of putting aarddict into extras*, I'll look into it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itkach For This Useful Post:
hehe, thanks.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by itkach View Post
Isn't Qt already installed on N900? It should only be "grunt" of libicu
No, Qt is in the system repositories, but (apart from maybe core and xml ?) is not installed by default. Nor is it optified, sadly

Ok, I'm joking, good job selling idea of putting aarddict into extras*, I'll look into it
Heh Holler if you need any assistance battling the autobuilder.

Hi Itkach,

thank you for the Aarddict port to Maemo5.
I have question though. Is it possible to look for dictionaries/folders on a memorycard? At this moment that doesn't seem possible.

Last edited by mtjioe; 2010-08-05 at 05:46.

Originally Posted by mtjioe View Post
Is it possible to look for dictionaries/folders on a memorycard?
Of course. Click Dictionary -> Add Dictionaries menu, file open dialog appears. Qt is supposed to open platform "native" dialog, but on N810 (Maemo 4.1) the dialog seems to be GTK file chooser, showing file system as is. If that's also the case in Maemo 5, you need to choose "File System" on the left, find "media" directory on the right, then "mmc1" in "media" directory. That's the sd card. There's also "mmc-undefined-name" shortcut on the left below "File System" that points to /media/mmc1.

Dictionary -> Add Directory works in a similar way, except that you choose a directory rather than files: Aard Dictionary will open any dictionaries it finds in that directory (it won't look in sub directories though).

Hi Itkach,

thank you.It works now.
I have run into another problem. I accidently closed the Lookup Box, but I cant get it back?
I tried Ctrl-L but that doesn't seem to work. Actually I tried all possible Ctrl-combinations....

I accidently closed the Lookup Box, but I cant get it back?
Go to menu, View, note first three menu items in View - Lookup, History, Toolbar - these toggle corresponding interface elements.

I tried Ctrl-L but that doesn't seem to work. Actually I tried all possible Ctrl-combinations....
Keyboard shortcuts work only for those actions that have a toolbar button and only when toolbar is on (i.e. not turned off via View > Toolbar menu). This, I think, is because of this bug: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4986

Hi Itkach,

In my version there is no View: Lookup button, but there is an View /Fullscreen, but not a View: Lookup.

no View: Lookup button, but there is an View /Fullscreen, but not a View: Lookup.
It's not a button, it's a menu item in "View" menu, is this where you are looking? Do you see History and Toolbar menu items?

In any case, you can always reset layout to default by opening X Terminal (in Utilities) and deleting file ~/.aarddict/layout. In X Termial type
Code:
rm .aarddict/layout
and press Return key.

Navigate > Lookup Box in Aard Dictionary menu also makes lokup pane visible.