Notices

Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
Thanks.

The beecon to re-enable 3G has been set up.

However it seems to conflict with HardSleep in the following way :

Switch 3G on using the beecon (2nd code snippet above)

Click hardsleep - according to screen activity it functions as it should.

Activate screen again using unlock switch.

3G is still enabled according to 2G/3G status applet.

Can anyone confirm this ?

*unless* I have misunderstood and the 3G beecon 'runs all the time' rather than only when pressed.
if command for switching status is correct, this misalignment could be caused by 2G/3G status applet lag.
I suggest you perform some checks by connecting to phone via WIFI and issue the commands for toggling 2G/3G status at the prompt and see live what happens.

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
directory name is queen_beecon_dir

also make sure that name of image in Beecon settings matches filename you used.
Sorry, the hyphen was a typo only in my post.

Please see enclosed screenshots...
Attached Images

Sorry, the hyphen was a typo only in my post.

Please see enclosed screenshots...
Uhm... check there is no double ".png" extension trailing filename; I don't see any .png in my file manager. If necessary connect through x-terminal and "cd" to the directory; also check file permissions...

If that doesn't work, try moving image to:

Code:
/home/user/.queen_beecon_dir

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
if command for switching status is correct, this misalignment could be caused by 2G/3G status applet lag.
I suggest you perform some checks by connecting to phone via WIFI and issue the commands for toggling 2G/3G status at the prompt and see live what happens.
OK, I have uninstalled the 2G/3G applet and now the dual-selection beecon works fine.

I presume you'll want to file that as a bug ?

*edit* - connection is still behaving as it did when the 3G/2G applet was installed.

Click dual-mode Beecon - toggle 3G on.

Click hardsleep icon - see 3G and signal bars disappear before screen blanks.

Switch screen on by sliding unlock key - 3G bar is present immediately (as if it was running with screen off).

I thought the script for the 3G/dual mode beecon set it up as a toggle - am I wrong ?

Re issuing the commands at the prompt as you state above - you'll have to spell it out to me I'm afraid.

PS Is this working for everyone else ??

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-04-19 at 10:13.

OK, I have uninstalled the 2G/3G applet and now the dual-selection beecon works fine.

I presume you'll want to file that as a bug ?
Uhm ... a bug of which application?
I'll have a quick look at 2G/3G applet sources to see if there is potential conflict in the way it handles modes switch and the way (if any) it deals with mode icon in status bar.
Maybe it is just an incompatibility due to the fact that 2G/3G applet does expect complete control over the switch and doesn't like/sense/manage other apps/commands doing stuff with mode switching.

Uhm ... a bug of which application?
Your call !

All I can see is that the two seem to conflict.

Also please note that even after uninstalling the 2G3G applet, there still seems to be conflict between the dual mode beecon and the hard-sleep beecon (see above).

*edit* have uninstalled dual-mode beecon and 2g3g applet, rebooted device, set up another dual-mode beecon, still have the same problem

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-04-19 at 10:29.

Re issuing the commands at the prompt as you state above - you'll have to spell it out to me I'm afraid.

Just do not use the QBW frontend button.
  • Open up a x-terminal window
  • sudo gainroot
  • run the relevant dbus commands/script
  • observe mode icon's behaviour
if you have same effects/conflicts then we can at least exclude QBW from the quest.

Thanks, before I run the scripts I have another problem.

Can you post up a script which switches ONLY to 2G mode ?

(2G3G applet has disappeared from the Extras repository , and I uninstalled it from my N900 this morning! I'd prefer to toggle between different beecons on the desktop rather thans to go into settings to change between 2G and 3G)

Cheers

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-04-19 at 12:14.

Thanks, before I run the scripts I have another problem.

Can you post up a script which switches ONLY to 2G mode ?

(2G3G applet has disappeared from the Extras repository , and I uninstalled it from my N900 this morning! I'd prefer to toggle between different beecons on the desktop rather thans to go into settings to change between 2G and 3G)

Cheers
Have a look at the wiki here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman...pts#Radio_mode

Thanks, will try it out now.

Sorry to hijack your thread like this...!

The Following User Says Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post: