Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Reflashing is not easy task for me because my internet connection speed is extremely slow and another problem is I'm using Windows 7 64bit.So any other method which does not need reflashing is appreciated

Going to sleep now,hope in the morning there will be a solution of this problem in this thread.Looks like everyone is more interested in Speculation about PR 1.2 than answering in the other threads.

Tried to download the firmware image file from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

but my download stopped after 63 MB due to 1 hour limit crap.Why is this time limit?Do all need to have a high speed internet connection to download this?Why does everyone think that all has high speed internet connection?

Is there any other mirror link with resume support to download RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin ??

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Try using a download manager. If not, maybe ask a friend who has faster internet to download it for you. I'm not sure If we're allowed to upload copies of the files since they are covered by copyright etc.

If you really want to try reinstalling the camera application, I think it might be possible as I've seen other posts do it but with other programs, but as others have said, flashing is the fastest and easiest method.

I'm not good with linux at all, but I think the program you need to reinstall would be the "camera-ui". Not sure on the commands of how to reinstall or even uninstall it. Good luck

I've tried download manager but download stops after 1 hours.I've downloaded the firmware file from here http://www.btusers.com.ar/nan/nokia/...sid=1090319976
Then reflashed in Ubuntu.But after reflashing have some issues
1.Not able to install the apps which were previously installed before reflashing.
2.MicroB maximum times shows network error
3.App manager shows repos update error

I'll try to reflash eMMC soon

Originally Posted by plaban View Post
Then reflashed in Ubuntu.But after reflashing have some issues
1.Not able to install the apps which were previously installed before reflashing.
2.MicroB maximum times shows network error
3.App manager shows repos update error

I'll try to reflash eMMC soon
Will reflashing eMMC fix these problems?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
It probably can't hurt (as long as you've copied off any data you might want to keep).

Solved all the problems but by mistake deleted all the preloaded contents

The Following User Says Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
I am having this problem; unfortunately, despite having tried everything up to and including reflashing rootfs and eMMC it's still giving "operation failed" as soon as I start the camera app... Any more ideas?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...