Notices

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Italy
about integration with conversations, there is a way to import sms(retro conversation is based on it), so that could be a solution...automatically import sms once it has been sent?!

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by navsin View Post
an important functionality that could be added is sending texts to multiple recipients.....
Technically just a few lines of code to implement. In fact, I have done so, as witnessed by the screenshot below (Which is NOT a mock-up).

The problem is that a lot of horizontal space is wasted using the built in dialog, so names are unreadable.

I would suggest subclassing it and just rearranging things, but the dialog is created via a static method. As such, to get something usable, I think this would require a custom contacts dialog. If I'm right, I imagine this feature will be put on the back burner. Then again, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...

[edit]
I guess we could manipulate the created dialog...dunno...I need to sleep
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
Technically just a few lines of code to implement. In fact, I have done so, as witnessed by the screenshot below (Which is NOT a mock-up).

The problem is that a lot of horizontal space is wasted using the built in dialog, so names are unreadable.
So vertical splitting is easy but horizontal splitting needs rewrite of whole contacts module. Did I miss something or is coding really that hard

i like this

i can't input a number to send to without the virtual kb comoimg up in landscape.

it says sent message but it didn't get there on my first test. Predictive texr would be great.

It's looking great so far.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by saxen View Post
about integration with conversations, there is a way to import sms(retro conversation is based on it), so that could be a solution...automatically import sms once it has been sent?!
could you give me more information?

I have already a small code snippet that reads all the messages from el.db so I basically know what to write there but I am still gathering courage for it and start testing tonight.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
downloaded from both Garage and extras-devel but application just crashes straight away. Can't seem to get it started from xterm to see output. Anyone else having same problem?

Test it a bit.
Sending works good.
No crashes yet.
Some sort of artifact appears when you return from the normal v. keyboard but nothing important.

PR 1.1.1 if it matters.

Originally Posted by madnes View Post
Test it a bit.
Sending works good.
No crashes yet.
Some sort of artifact appears when you return from the normal v. keyboard but nothing important.

PR 1.1.1 if it matters.
I am disabling the virtual keyboard as qwerty12 instructed. so the artifact shouldn't be a problem in the future.

e: I am investigating the crashing. probably missing dependencies.
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-05-05 at 10:40.

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
downloaded from both Garage and extras-devel but application just crashes straight away. Can't seem to get it started from xterm to see output. Anyone else having same problem?
try launching the app by:

Code:
python /opt/vertsms/vertsms.pyc
from command line.
Google Custom Search

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
I don't know if this is something local for Telia, Sweden, but I can't send to contacts in the adress book, if the number is stored as international (+4670... for Sweden). It said "Sending to 004670...." but nothing came through (I sent to myself)
When I changed to a local number (070....) I could send.

/oxpo

The Following User Says Thank You to oxpo For This Useful Post:

Tags
portrait sms