Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Thanks, but I fail to reproduce this one with my device (PR1.2). Anyone else can confirm this?
Yes, i can confirm this (it definitely works, i use it a LOT)

The Following User Says Thank You to BLIZZARD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
It seems to be quite controversial. Ok, I put it back with warning. Thanks for your feedback!

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by LippiVan View Post
or "init 6". does the same. "init 0" shuts the device down.
its a little bit offtopic but-i love the xterm never again a phone without xterm.i wish i can do my breakfast with a xterm commandline

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
In PR1.2, with long-press any key, you can access to the symbols/numbers on those keys without having to press the blue arrow key first. This is very usefull if you type with one hand, or if you have numbers between your passwords like "test123test". GOD bless you ALL! ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to JorgeFX For This Useful Post:
Not sure if it's a known feature. But you can print images if you send them to a Bluetooth capable printer via Petrovich.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
In PR1.2, with long-press any key, you can access to the symbols/numbers on those keys without having to press the blue arrow key first. This is very usefull if you type with one hand, or if you have numbers between your passwords like "test123test". GOD bless you ALL! ;-)
Thanks for your tip, but it doesn't work for me. It might due to the fact that I've Chinese input method installed.

Anyone else could confirm this so that I can put the tip on the list?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Thanks for your tip, but it doesn't work for me. It might due to the fact that I've Chinese input method installed.

Anyone else could confirm this so that I can put the tip on the list?
It does work.

There's even an app in the repos to disable that - should prove the existence of such a thing quite well!

The Following User Says Thank You to rickysio For This Useful Post:
Thanks! This is the 50 tips now!

If you have been browsing for a while and later your device become a little laggy, open an x-terminal and write "killall browser browserd" (without the quotes) as root. This will kill the browser's processes that remain running becoming your device slow. GOD bless you ALL

Originally Posted by JorgeFX View Post
If you have been browsing for a while and later your device become a little laggy, open an x-terminal and write "killall browser browserd" (without the quotes) as root. This will kill the browser's processes that remain running becoming your device slow. GOD bless you ALL
Thanks for your tip, but it must be used with caution, because it'd cause the device to reboot. Try issue the same command three or more times and you'll see. ^^

While we all know that the browser running in the background all the time, I'd really like to know if there's a safe way to stop the current browsing service via terminal. Any suggestion would be welcome.

Tags
maemo 5, n900 tips, tips & tricks