Active Topics

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
and i also noticed when you go to uk maps it says england scortland wales and northerm ireland. i selected all uk and it is now downloading the republic of ireland also.? i never selected the republic.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
just goes from bad to worse....having updated maps i opened the ovi maps and when i select the red button for present loaction it stallls and stays on downloading data when i select satellite view. The maps also takes about 20 seconds or more to open. Anyone able to advise?

Last edited by neotalk; 2010-07-31 at 19:20.

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
right now, i have the nokia pc suite 7.1.40.1 and the nokia software updater 2.5.2 installed.

is ovi suite a replacement for both?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by msa View Post
right now, i have the nokia pc suite 7.1.40.1 and the nokia software updater 2.5.2 installed.

is ovi suite a replacement for both?
If N900 is your only phone there won't be much difference as phone itself lack more tight connection to software. IMO Nokia PC suite offers better managemet over sync options (especially calendar is handled better). Whole program is a lot faster -- have quad proc with 8Gb and I must say Ovi suite is slow as (almost) dead horse. But looks nicer Note: that's my personal experience based on less than average use.

PC Suite -- latest is 7.1.51.0 (go to Web -> check for updates and add-ons)
Ovi suite -- 2.2.0.245
NSU -- 2.5.2
Map Loader -- 3.0.28.0

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi all,

Recently I broke my Linux distro, and to fix it Iīd need an internet connection router which I currently donīt have. So, I installed WinXP on a spare partition and downloaded the latest Ovi Suite.

On next WinXP reboot it turned out the MySql server had been borked. A second problem, only appearing when using the Ovi Suite, is that it tends to (soft) reboot my N900 spontaneously. I say (soft) for when the N900 is back to life, the lockcode does not need to be given, so appearantly itīs not a full boot.

Anyone else seen this behaviour? I stopped connecting to the net through Ovi Suite altogether and use the standard connections dialogue now, but that does not solve the borked MySql-server.