Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
guys
n900 is/was a failure for nokia and for many of us
they will not waste more time and money on this ... only progress will come from the free work of the community
see how long it took to upgrade 1.1 to 1.2
see what insignificant changes

maybe meego will go on n900 and maybe it will be so much better

for me it's clear after 6-7 months of n900: a tablet + my old n82 make a better combination than n900
explain how n900 was a failure for nokia? sources please?
cos the way i understand it the delays many users had in first getting the device @ release was due to a lot higher demand than nokia anticipated.

so your tablet and n82 make a better combination than ONE device?
really great point dude..................my old mobile, sat nav, laptop, desktop and tv/surround package make a better combination than the n900!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

Last edited by baron von bubba; 2010-06-03 at 09:56.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
the bitter truths are

There will be no more maemo 5/freemantle,[as per Nokia's Software strategy]
There will be no more maemo 5 devices
There will be no more Meego for N900
There will be no more N900 post a year from now

so you decide if .....there will be any more PRs

Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
the bitter truths are

There will be no more maemo 5/freemantle,[as per Nokia's Software strategy]
There will be no more maemo 5 devices
There will be no more Meego for N900
There will be no more N900 post a year from now

so you decide if .....there will be any more PRs
probably not, but maybe..... who knows
fact is, many ppl on here seem like petulant spoilt little brats.....
the whining and moaning because the device they have is not PERFECT for them in EVERY way.

people if you are not happy with your phone, get mummy or daddy to buy you a new one, but this time do some research first!!!!

im not happy with every aspect of my car, my tv, my freesat, my GF, my job, almost everything i have ever bought "could be better" but i dont troll all the applicable forums trying to get a little bit of attention.

i imagine most ppl feel like this, so what is it about mobile devices that brings out the brats?

Last edited by baron von bubba; 2010-06-03 at 10:11.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to baron von bubba For This Useful Post:
i prefer n900 to N82 for the browser, bigger screen, keyboard and screen and video recording and speed
but for day by day use i prefer n82 ... is so much small; so much battery life, so much better phone functions, so much better with gmail and google, with opera for internet ... and if i want to read, do hard internet or video ... the tablet rocks

If there's a PR1.3 it better have contact groups!

The Following User Says Thank You to haj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
i prefer n900 to N82 for the browser, bigger screen, keyboard and screen and video recording and speed
but for day by day use i prefer n82 ... is so much small; so much battery life, so much better phone functions, so much better with gmail and google, with opera for internet ... and if i want to read, do hard internet or video ... the tablet rocks
Wait a minute... So you're saying if only nokia had thought to make it smaller, lighter, with more battery life, and added a phone-like interface alongside the internet tablet one it would have been better?

Damn, they must be kicking themselves that none of those things occurred to them...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Yes. It is needed. Just like the search button.
which, on this forum, is useless in most cases

The Following User Says Thank You to UNderworld For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Something you lot are not even taking into account here and the reason pr1.3 probably will never happen.
At the incredible rate Meego is going thanks to developers getting involved in all parts of the globe now this means the probability of pr1.3 is fading very fast simply because we will have a complete new os to install MEEGO.
I don't know when exactly but if people just look on google and this forum you will see Meego 1.0 has already been released for development to the next stage of a full blown os version installable for end user which cannot no longer be ignored or disbelieved as it is happening as we talk and fast.

http://repo.meego.com/tools/repos/fedora/12/

Do some homework and your confidence will be instantly boosted for the N900.
Be patient and wait a few weeks.

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Wait a minute... So you're saying if only nokia had thought to make it smaller, lighter, with more battery life, and added a phone-like interface alongside the internet tablet one it would have been better?

Damn, they must be kicking themselves that none of those things occurred to them...
i just say that i between the n900 that lacks so many things and the n82+tablet thing ... i prefer the latter

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Philadelphia
abill_uk: that is the MeeGo repo, but why did you link to the tools section, instead of the MeeGo packages? The tools section is usually for packages used by developers working in their own setup to develop the stuff that goes into the actual MeeGo repositories...

Still, its definitely coming, and before the MeeGo Handset UX gets released, we're going to see Harmattan, and that is going to have a lot more polish put into it. Good times to be a N900 owner :-)

Tags
failure thread