Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
The problem is, that even if tomorrow Nokia would release PR 1.3 that adds full Flash 10.1 support, portrait mode, latest Ovi Maps and a button which turns your N900 to a giant robot with laser cannons, people like OP will still open the same threads and whine about that "We all know Nokia has abandoned the N900 because the giant robot doesn't have rocket launchers"...

OP knows perfectly well that Nokia promised PR 1.3, but he opened this thread probably just because he's bored... A noble cause indeed...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure what peoples expectations of maemo and the n900 should be. I use my phone for business purposes and I hammer it! I make at least 18-20 hours of calls a week, receive literally up to 1000 e-mails a month and spend a huge amount of time on the net.

I virtually run my business from the phone. In fact, there have been times when I've not bothered to set up my laptop and relied entirely on my phone to fulfill my work tasks.

The n900 has lived up to and far exceeded my expectations.

In terms of support, frankly I don't think you'll find a better support base than the maemo community. When I started out with the n900 I had a hundred end user queries and always found the answers I needed on this forum.

Sure, Nokia could do more to support this awesome phone, but then again who needs them when all the support you could ask for is right here.

We may not have billions of apps to choose from, but the fundamental applications that the vast majority of end users would use are available and supported by a community that are actually quite passionate about getting it right.

I may upgrade to meego when it's released, but not because I'm fed up with maemo, simply because it'll be a logical system upgrade.

Stop friggin whinging and enjoy what is a powerful, well supported, highly versatile os on a very good phone.

Or go and make S Jobs a bit richer.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to n900faniam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
we need a combo breaker on this issue

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by n900faniam View Post
Stop friggin whinging and enjoy what is a powerful, well supported, highly versatile os on a very good phone.
Totally agree.

Originally Posted by n900faniam View Post
Or go and make S Jobs a bit richer.
He's rich enough.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
we need a combo breaker on this issue
Lol, reminds me of Killer Instinct on the N64 days.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Ċbo, Finland
You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have giant robots with frickin' rocket launchers attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here!
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
@n900faniam well you tell us you run all your big buisness with the n900? how do you handle your important calls if you lose them about the still anoying Unlock Bug? Does your Firm use Exchange or Groupwise Servers to handle 1000ds of Mails? Well with the N900 you cant use this Services.

And what are you doing about the double Name Problem in the Phonebook? Its easy to say for me it works but pls tell us how.

And i still dont get why some people calling anybody who is not saying the N900 is the best i ever had whiners and trolls. The Fact is there are still a lot of issuses wich maybe will nerver fixed from Nokia. We as the buyers should have the Right to blame Nokia for this.

I work in the IT Buisness like most of us i guess. Ask yourself did you ever sold an Software Product with a ton of Bugs to your Customers without they wanted to fix it?

And if you bring them a few Updates wich dont fixing the halve of the Bugs they told you wouldnt they complain? And then you tell them after a halve year Sorry Guys i have a new Product for you ahm ..your old is no more Supported maybe i will do a last Update for you and by the way you wont get an Upgrade to the new one..but there are a few Devs on Opensource maybe you get something from them..

They would send a bunch of Lawyers and your are out of Buisness in a few Days. So why are this normal Buisness Rules dont work on this Phone Software? Why is Nokia and others free to chose what to do with there Phone Software? Did we just bought the Device or did i bought the Software too?

Please just think about it before you call anybody whiner or troll again.

best regards Crown

Last edited by crown77; 2010-08-04 at 07:10.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crown77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
@n900faniam well you tell us you run all your big buisness with the n900? how do you handle your important calls if you lose them about the still anoying Unlock Bug? Does your Firm use Exchange or Groupwise Servers to handle 1000ds of Mails? Well with the N900 you cant use this Services.

And what are you doing about the double Name Problem in the Phonebook? Its easy to say for me it works but pls tell us how.

And i still dont get why some people calling anybody who is not saying the N900 is the best i ever had whiners and trolls. The Fact is there are still a lot of issuses wich maybe will nerver fixed from Nokia. We as the buyers should have the Right to blame Nokia for this.

I work in the IT Buisness like most of us i guess. Ask yourself did you ever sold an Software Product with a ton of Bugs to your Customers without they wanted to fix it?

And if you bring them a few Updates wich dont fixing the halve of the Bugs they told you wouldnt they complain? And then you tell them after a halve year Sorry Guys i have a new Product for you ahm ..your old is no more Supported maybe i will do a last Update for you and by the way you wont get an Upgrade to the new one..but there are a few Devs on Opensource maybe you get something from them..

They would send a bunch of Lawyers and your are out of Buisness in a few Days. So why are this normal Buisness Rules dont work on this Phone Software? Why is Nokia and others free to chose what to do with there Phone Software? Did we just bought the Device or did i bought the Software too?

Please just think about it before you call anybody whiner or troll again.

best regards Crown
what annoying unlock bug? I haven't noticed.

why can't you use MfE?

what double name problem? only time my names were duplicated was because facebook changed something with their jabber -system.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

I think most of what the N900 can do today is here to stay and if you are happy with that then dont bother too much about the future. Whatever comes on the way should be considered a bonus IMO.

I would still like to see Flash 10.1 and ovi music DRM removal support for my N900 be it in PR 1.3 or just updates plus some sexy native games.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
@ossipena i still have the bug when i get a call and the phone was locked before then the call comes up, but before i cant accept it the screen wents locked and dark again. In Fact i lose the Call. I was looking at the PR1.2 Changelog the Bug shall be fixed but it isnt for me.

Tags
crippled-os, get lost, n900nogo, yeah sure