Notices

With all that said, I agree that the GameGripper seems like it fits square into the portable handheld area. The fact that it doesn't rely on batteries is perfect in that situation as you probably won't be near a plug.

Keep the sixaxis controllers, a tv out cable, and a wall charger around for when you aren't on the go and don't need to hold the n900.

Thanks to all those that have posted reviews thus far. The biggest gripe I've heard so far is the slipping problem. Since it also has holes for the usb and headphone ports, I'm left wondering if they can be used to stabilize the connection.

The possibly annoying problem that comes to my mind is that keymappings may have to change regularly to support GameGripper play vs direct keyboard play vs sixaxis play. Depending on how well it works, we might be able to factor out direct keyboard play, making mapping a single set of usable keys possible...

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
jschan: Regarding the keymapping, I think most applications have got the keymapping in a text file, so you can easily backup the file, and then switch around whenever you need for sixaxis, and not gamegripper.

@marcus - right, it's just that when possible, i'd prefer to be able to make a workable "master" that wouldn't require extra steps for reconfiguring when switching between emulators and/or controllers.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland, Valkeakoski
Ordered mine today. I wonder if I'll start to play more games with my N900 after it arrives :-)

At least the idea of Game Gripper is neat. I like it. It's a small accessory that could change my usage of the device very much.

i got mine on saturday, order on thursday. Cons: the buttons would be alot better and feel like real gamepad if its rubber than hard plastic, plus after play some games i can definitely feel some buttons on my keyboards push in harder than normal.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
How does GG works with fast action games, as example my life long snes favorite Megaman X 1 2 & 3 where you have to use d-pad, hold fire button, press "slide" button and jump button at the same time? (i know you know what i mean) or other games where you have to use many buttons at the same time and fast...

Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
i got mine on saturday, order on thursday. Cons: the buttons would be alot better and feel like real gamepad if its rubber than hard plastic, plus after play some games i can definitely feel some buttons on my keyboards push in harder than normal.
You could have chosen rubber buttons if you had wished when you purchased the gripper.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

i purchased xbox because eryone getting it, i didnt know they are different materials buttons for each game gripper.

anyone have notice different in rubber and hard plastic buttons ?

Yes, there is a difference between the rubber and the plastic buttons. I like it that way. So far, with my 2.5 hours of playing mario on DrNoSnes or w/e its called it works like a charm! It's so easy to hold (no it doesn't come off like some have said, maybe its just the way I hold it) and it is very well aligned for proper button pressing. Mine does fit the stock charging cable through the hole, so I dunno what some said before.

Also, for keypresses, I seem to get a max of 3 out of it (b, a and direction with mario)