Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
what kind of strange things??
can you please describe what exactly happens?
i dont really use video recording but this might be a useful tip for others

update : i tried taking a few pictures and making some videos other than the low quality images taken by the camera due to the night
everything else is perfect

Last edited by bakuur; 2010-09-09 at 19:17.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
since it is for newcomers, you should make the disclaimers about how this can severely **** things up much bigger and prominent, including the stuff about how even if in one device it works the same numbers can permanently brick other devices
Well, the last I saw an expletive-marked comment by you, you were saying that you thought you might have permanent damage -- basically you are the only one to claim that after thousands and thousands of posts.

Since you are now talking about devices being "permanently bricked," perhaps you will link to the messages where that is claimed, and perhaps you will let us know whether your N900 is in fact permanently damaged as you thought it might be.

@TiagoTiago please if your phone is bricked due to overclocking give us a link to that post and i will add it in the disclaimer but to be honest the only reason i overclocked mine is because i havent seen any bricked phones due to overclocking

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Halifax, UK
i don't think you can brick your device this way, if it doesn't like the kernel it won't use it. simple

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
I would not encourage anyone to set a default kernel-config. It is far safer IMHO to allow the n900 to boot with the default frequency and use a startup script to OC it. I use a Queen Beecon command that runs on the startup of the desktop.

If you set the default to an unstable frequency, you can end up in an endless reboot loop and have to reflash.
This is false. There is protection against the endless reboot loop in Titan's kernel. I have seen that protection on many occasions.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
This is false. There is protection against the endless reboot loop in Titan's kernel. I have seen that protection on many occasions.
7. If you reboot, the overclock is reset back to default. So you will need to re-enable the overclock. (this is the safest way to avoid a constant reboot upon applying a unstable overclock although titan's kernel now has protection against this ever happening) I recommend you use the Queen Beecon Widget method I mentioned below on this guide.

according to jakiman.

but i do reboot on stock or a custom setting in some reasons.

i also have QBW widgets to tap if i wanna boot on stock or a custom setting

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-09-09 at 20:39.

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
7. If you reboot, the overclock is reset back to default. So you will need to re-enable the overclock. (this is the safest way to avoid a constant reboot upon applying a unstable overclock although titan's kernel now has protection against this ever happening) I recommend you use the Queen Beecon Widget method I mentioned below on this guide.

according to jakiman.

but i do reboot on stock or a custom setting in some reasons.
I'm not sure I understand.

1. Do you ever see the message saying that the overclock settings have not been made because the reboot wasn't natural, or words to that effect?

2. You are saying that you ignore Jakiman's recommendation and you get into a permanent reboot loop "in some reasons"?

I'm not talking about one reboot. I'm saying that there is protection against a "permanent reboot loop". In my experience, there is.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@geneven

i truly apologize, i was trying to give a hand to support on your post that i Quoted

in short, i agree with you

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-09-09 at 20:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
It would seem that the newer versions of Titan's kernel has a mechanism to override the default profile, but this was not the case with older versions. In any case, I will continue to use Queen Beecon to be on the safe side.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matthew maude View Post
i don't think you can brick your device this way, if it doesn't like the kernel it won't use it. simple
there were never a certain study on the long or short effect of OC on the N900

and yes try to use different profiles on your phone to find the most suitable for you and your phone
isnt that what OCing is all about ? :P

The Following User Says Thank You to bakuur For This Useful Post: