Originally Posted by sethkha View Post
I can't see much information in this thread, so it's a bit exaggerated to talk about misinformation.
There is quite a bit, mostly stemming from people thinking that the N900 image was supposed to be something that you could replace Maemo 5 with and go on your merry way, and suddenly realizing that you cant.

Of course, with any other mobile platform you'd be 100% in the dark as to what is going on, but people see MeeGo from its raw, barely functional start and as it improves. Of course, this confuses people.

I don't know about WCDMA and other standards you are talking about. And I am not interested in this. You may be right in the technical aspects you mentioned. But (usable) MeeGo does not exist yet, so your points are unimportant.
My points are unimportant, despite the fact that I was countering some gross misunderstandings being posted? He was suggesting that Nokia was not using the single most used 3G protocol and mistaking it for the minority protocol that only sees truly wide use in the USA.

Personally, if you're not interested in MeeGo then I suggest you just ignore it until later. Until then, you're in a forum full of people who like to look at things from a perspective that differs from the average consumer, and are interested in things like MeeGo, what it might offer and how the development progresses. If you don't, then don't wander into this subforum.

OK
Let's stop here. Although my points are not OT in a thread about hope for the usability of MeeGo in the next year or the average lifetime of a N900 (ok 1.2)

edit: It is not unimportant. you are right at that

Last edited by sethkha; 2010-11-17 at 21:20.

Originally Posted by sethkha View Post
Although my points are not OT in a thread about hope for the usability of MeeGo in the next year or the average lifetime of a N900 (ok 1.2)
Your points were not OT, I'm referring to the other people that I quoted. And the usability of the reference implementation of MeeGo on the N900 isn't terribly relevant, since that's not truly intended for end users.

It should be functional, it should be feature complete, but "fast" and "usable" is something that would have to be headed up elsewhere based upon MeeGo's progress at the time as MeeGo itself is all about the middleware layer that it represents.